What Part of the Country (or Which Country) Are You From?

Discussion in 'Places I Have Lived' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 1, 2015.

1. Herb Durant

Herb Durant Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hello,
    What I remember is I lived in a duplex every spring the lower floor would fill with water we would park are cars at the end of the street it s soo long ago now

2. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Well-Known Member
    Registered

Since many members mentioned not only the state/s but also de cities / towns I want to do the same.
    Upon my arrival to USA, I went to live in Larchmont and two years later in Mamaroneck, both towns are in NY and there I could learn all the French my parents din; t teach me. :) Then, after marrying Lew, we ended up in New Rochelle, NY. Five years later we moved to Dresher, PA...where we made great friends. Now, after Lew passed, I moved back to Yonkers, NY...and I guess I won't move again.

3. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Veteran Member
    Registered

I live 2 hour drive from the city of Adelaide , South Australia in a country area where cereal growing / sheep farming is the main industry ( I don’t live on a farm )

I grew up in New South Wales (500 km from where I live now )

I moved to SA to improve my lifestyle in 1971 ( I was single mum of 3 ) at the time,so I haven’t moved far in my life

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Well-Known Member
    Registered

I spent a month and two days in Sydney. Avalon Beach, Circular Quay, the Opera House, attending my first cricket game. Great people.