What Kind Of Memories Do You Have?

Discussion in 'Other Reminiscences' started by Al Amoling, Oct 23, 2022.

1. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

You ARE charming, Tony. Great smile.

2. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Very nice memories, I often wonder what happened to people I met earlier in my life that I lost track of.
    I found my high school yearbook recently, and when I have some free time I'm trying to match names to people on classmate that say they know me so far only one name I remember.

3. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

P
    I was posing you have to see my mean face.:mad:

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  4. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My fellow vet friends I actually served with have stopped emailing this past year so I try to remember it isn't just me getting old. I have an appointment to go have blood work and pressure checked tomorrow morning, only a block from me and that's great. I have one cousin that visits about once a year who lives near and sometimes I run into her while shopping. My friends here died within a year of one another a husband and wife who bought my old house. I go no where except to shop and to the Dr when I find one I can trust and lately I haven't found many. Going in the morning and have blood work and pressure checked because I have been having a lot of light headiness lately. I shopped earlier and it was hard to cope since my knees are already bad. I will find out tomorrow and if my pressure looks normal I will feel a lot better, that always helps old guys to hear good news rather than bad. You have a good rest of the day.

5. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

Thomas be sure to tell them that you are feeling lightheaded at times. Good luck tomorrow.

6. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Hope you get a good report tomorrow, Thomas.

Tony Page and Thomas Stillhere like this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In elementary and high school, it seems like the people around you will always be around you yet, for those of us who move from our hometowns, we rarely see any of them again after graduation, except perhaps at a class reunion or a chance meeting. I have never attended a class reunion but when they sent me the photo of the ten-year class reunion, I couldn't recognize half of them, and that was only after ten years.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2023
    Thomas Stillhere and Tony Page like this.
  8. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Nothing looks bad and got my meds restarted, blood pressure no change from a year and a half ago. Probably my sinuses and or my reading glasses too weak. Getting a different blood pressure med and trying a sinus med a couple days to see if it clears my head. Got my nerve blocker to help with that neck and spine pain. All in all a nice day, blood work results tomorrow. Got a blood thinner started again to keep the cats uh clots away.

9. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

My avatar:
    That's Brandi when she was a few days old pup. I call her our Destiny Dog, because my wife and daughter we're in the vet's office on a wet Labor Day weekend by mistake. While there a couple walked in with something wrapped in a towel, it was a just born pup, that still had the umbilical chord attached, they found it in a puddle on their property. They didn't want the pup, they thought the vet would take her. The vet's along with his office staff said to bring the puppy to a pound or shelter. At that point my wife and daughter said they would care for the pup, with it being a holiday weekend, they felt for sure the pound would put her to sleep. The vet Supply them with puppy formula and a bottle and said that she would have to be fed Around the Clock every 4 hours, and that one pup out of three would make it. Well Brandi grew to be 125 lbs. of pure joy. She passed in 2018, I still miss her terribly. She had Cushions disease, and got weaker and weaker, I would stay behind her at night as she climb the stairs to go to our bedroom at night to sleep, she struggled. I read every article I could find and watch Utube videos on Cushions that I could find, I desperately was looking for a cure or something that could stabilize her. Eventually she got where swith the Vets recommendation we had to put her to sleep.
    We had 8 or 9 good years with her, my thoughts of her are always of the good times we had she was my shadow.

P2090006.JPG
    20221116_215412.jpg

10. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Very nice Remembrance. I have loved all my dogs like they were my children. A good friend once told me "They give more than they receive"!. I have a very soft spot for all animals because as humans we all in one way or another have ignored our responsibility we all received the day we were born. God made us the sole superior species on our planet and if we ignore that responsibility to look after all our creatures and protect them then we have felled.

Beth Gallagher and Tony Page like this.
  11. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

I make it a point to avoid looking back at old memories because you will always run into the sad ones. Someone once told me, "Always forward; never back" so I live by that.

Thomas Stillhere and Nancy Hart like this.
  12. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Brandi has a sweet face; glad you were there to rescue her.

My little Yorkie Spike also had Cushings disease. I believe his was caused by steroid shots that the vet gave for his allergies. :( He weighed about 8 pounds and he died in 2008 at age 12. My daughter dressed Spike in this leather jacket for his portrait. :D .

spike.jpg

13. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

How cute, where's the bike?
    Dogs constantly give I often wonder do they realize how much they are loved.

14. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Haha... his name was "Spike," which somehow morphed into "Biker-dog" with baby talk. :D He was the smartest little dog; we had to spell words in front of him because if he heard "bath" he would disappear for hours.

I know that dogs absolutely respond to love, and love us back. Nothing is as sad to me as a mistreated animal... just unbearable.

Thomas Stillhere and Tony Page like this.
  15. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

We threw a dog trainer out of the house because we felt he was mistreating Brandi.
    His method of training was the use fear and pain, instead of treats and love.