What Happens To Obamacare When Pres. Obama Leaves Office

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Krissttina Isobe, Dec 15, 2015.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

:oops:When Obamacare or Affordable Health Care measures came into effect I was so relieved and happy about it. Now I have and need Medicaid. I asked our Legislature & Congress about adding cosmetic procedures and more adult dental services to include dental implants. Remembering former Pres. Lincoln Gettysburg Address, many people in Hawaii brought forward at least more adult dental services for Hawaii. Hawaii's Medicaid only has children dental Medicaid services. As of today 12/15/2015 Medicaid people still await for adult Medicaid dental services to be implemented! What will happen to Obamacare or Affordable Health Care when Pres. Obama leaves office? Will all of America be part of Pres. Lincoln's Gettysburg Address to keep Obamacare & Affordable Health Care forever for Americans? Working together contacting all elected at Congress and Legislature per State letting them know Americans need Obamacare and Affordable Health Care Act forever and a bit more services too will ensure Americans to have health, dental, vision, hospital & ambulance care forever and more. Every year there are new breakthroughs of cures too that all Americans are entitled to forever! You can find your elected at twitter, facebook and even google+. Thanks, to you America will have a better future. What do you feel about keeping Obamacare forever for Americans?

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

It didn't help me one iota, I'm still not insured. All I heard from people that I talked to about it were complaints.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I agree with you, @Chrissy Page ! I think that most people are having a harder time getting insurance now than they did before Obamacare, and they pay more for the insurance and the deductibles than they did before it was implemented.
    Businesses have had to cut hours for employees to try and pay for their part of the cost, and many employees even lost coverage when they were moved from being a full-time employee with insurance, to a part-time employee who does not qualify for insurance.

Even seniors are having to pay more for their Medicare deductibles , and so does Medicaid cost more. As a low-income senior, I have had Medicaid for the last 5 years. Once Obama started his ACA (Obamacare), I have to pay more for co-payments for seeing the doctors, and also for my heart medications. Plus, some of the heart medications that I was taking before are now not even allowed on the Obamcare plan.
    I am certainly hoping that when we get a new President, we will also cancel Obama's insurance, and replace it with a better plan.

I have NO clue what connection there is between Obamacare and The Gettysburg Address, @Krissttina Isobe . Can you please explain what you mean by this and what connection there is between the Lincoln speech and the Obama insurance plan ?

4. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Not only high deductibles but finding a doctor that even takes it in your area is difficult. The Dr. I've had for 11 years doesn't take it.

5. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I'm in the same boat. Obamacare made it almost impossible to get insurance for the ones that really need it. Because of previous long term illnesses, the insurance companies want a good $550.00 from me, so until I'm 66, when I eligible for full SS, it is cheaper for me to pay cash. Because I'm disabled, I do get Medicare Part A & B, but Medicare doesn't cover everything unless you have the suppliments that are needed to cover the cost of meds, and the 20%, which you can't get until you reach your eligible SS age. And the age requirement is going up and up.

Mari North likes this.
  6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought Obama care was going to make the cost of insurance for people with pre-existing conditions the same as for healthy people?

7. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I also pay cash for anything I get done, Ina.

8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Supreme Member
    Registered

I thought so too. BUT not so.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Obama also cut down the amount that I get from Social Security. Because I was an at-home wife and mother until my children were grown, I didn't have enough years of earnings to get over $300 SS payments, so they added SSI unto it and I then got almost $600 a month to live on. After Obama came in, they said I do not qualify for the SSI anymore, and they took it back off; but when Bobby turned 65, they added on about $100 to my SS from his, bringing it up to just over $400.
    If anything that Obama did has helped anyone with their insurance, I have not heard about it yet. Before I got old enough for Medicare, I had to go to the community free clinic here. They can not do much; but what they can do sure was a big help. They were able to get the medicine that I needed to help my heart, which was a blessing for me. Some of the doctors donate their time to the clinic and that is what keeps it going.

Sheldon Scott likes this.
  10. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

I have to say that I was disappointed with the ACA though I'm sure it has benefited someone somewhere. My disappointment stems from not only high deductibles, co-pays, availability of acceptance by doctors, but the stipulations as well. When I signed up after my group coverage termed I had questions about how it all worked. The stipulations that disappointed me were: the credits were treated as income which would increase your tax liability; in order to claim the credit your spouse had to be reported on the application if married and you had to file a joint return, and to top if off you would be penalized if you didn't have any coverage.

I sought out another health insurance after five months when I had difficulty finding a doctor that would accept this insurance where I would still be covered as required by law. I feel that I would rather pay out of pocket for some services than have my health and finances governed in such a way that the ACA has put forth.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  11. Mari North

Mari North Veteran Member
    Registered

Same here, @Chrissy Page ... I wouldn't touch Obamacare for anything... what a nightmare. Because of it, our insurance, and my daughter's insurance rates have TRIPLED (not an exaggeration, accurate fact) because the insurance companies can do that now with all the "Affordable" act's nightmarish problems. :(

Chrissy Cross and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  12. Mari North

Registered

I'd have to guess that what you're asking about, Shirley, was just part of the lie... uh, I mean "hype" surrounding getting that nightmare passed. No, it didn't stay the same... most families are paying tons more.

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  13. Will Lawrence

Will Lawrence Veteran Member
    Registered

Respectfully... I'll probably rankle some feathers......

First, any changes to Social Security were not proposed or put in place by the President. Changes/reductions in social security benefits have ALL been initiated by Congress. The POTUS could well have vetoed the funding bills that contained the changes. He chose not to. Most of those funding bills were moving through the system at the last moment and there was a give and take to keep the government operating.

We waited until full retirement age... 66 for my wife and I... to file for Social Security. We have seen no reduction in benefits during the time we have been drawing them.

The ACA needs work. No one will argue that. As it now stands... some have seen insurance rates increase, some have seen insurance rates remain steady or decrease, and millions that had no coverage before the ACA now have health insurance. Any more, one cannot know if what we hear about the ACA is truth or fiction. Just a couple weeks ago, Ted Cruz was whining that due to the ACA he and his family were without health care. Shortly thereafter, that was proven to be a falsehood. The future of both Social Security and the ACA will depend on the November 2016 election.

Right now, the three Republican leaders in the polls... Trump, Cruz, and Rubio... have sworn to gut the ACA if elected. That is okay if... IF they have a workable plan to take its place. To simply repeal the ACA would suddenly kick millions of folks off their health insurance plans. To revert to what we had before the ACA became law would see most of our insurance rates go through the roof. Suddenly, millions would have no insurance and be hitting emergency rooms for care and/or not able to pay for their care. Providers would have to increase the cost to we who do carry insurance to cover those now without coverage.

If Trump or Rubio are elected, I believe Social Security will be left alone... except for the full retirement age to keep moving up. If Cruz is elected, expect significant cuts in benefits. Most of the Cruz cuts will be to the disability benefits of underage recipients. However, he is proposing cuts to retiree benefits also.

If Sanders is elected, we will move fairly quickly to a system similar to Canada or Great Britain. Everyone will be covered. Costs will go up for those who are most able to afford increases and down for those who can't. We will almost immediately see drug costs come down as profits for pharmaceutical companies are no longer protected.

If Clinton is elected, we will see modifications to the existing ACA.

Any of the above, if elected, will first need to have a Congress who will work with them towards achieving their goals re health care costs.

14. Chrissy Cross

Registered

I would like to know who the millions are that are insured now because of Obamacare. The ones eligible for the govt paying for their health insurance are eligible under Medicaid anyway, my choice with obamacare was CRAP. Had to pay a certain amount, the deductible was huge and no drs took it. I'd rather have no insurance than that so I decided to wait for medicare.

15. Mari North

Registered

I won't fine-tooth this and line-by-line it to death, but this part just isn't accurate. I work with a LOT of people in my line of business. I have not heard *ANYone*... not one person say that their insurance rates have gone down. No one is happy with this insurance fiasco.

My own rates have tripled.... *tripled!* since ACA started its reign of terror. People who used to have insurance had to seriously consider now dropping it because of the high rates. There is no way that anyone could convince me that rates would skyrocket further if this nightmare is fixed... no way.

"Suddenly" millions have no insurance NOW who used to have it! :( And like someone else said, Medicaid/Medicare is there anyhow.... I will never sell my soul to the government and hand over something as important as my family's health care just because a POTUS wanted to play with the big boys and make a name for himself without having a clue of the horror it would cause for millions of Americans. Of course, I'm not sure that would have mattered.

Thanks for listening. Mari-rant [/off} now. :mad: