What Foods Have You Learned About Lately? And Really Enjoyed?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Denise Happyfeet, Nov 2, 2016.

1. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Hot sauce. Never used the stuff until recently. My taste buds must be dying. Ketchup just didn't do much anymore. Even some hot sauce needs to be liberally applied. Frank's extra hot has some bite to it.
    download.jpeg

Denise Happyfeet likes this.
  2. Denise Happyfeet

Denise Happyfeet Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

LOLLLLLLLLLLL!! @Ike Willis you're a hoot!! I'm learning to use some spicier, hot foods, and seasonings. I've read they are good for my tummy. I don't think they are if someone has ulcers etc., not sure about that. I have some stomach issues now that I'm not sure what caused them, but I'm trying to remedy that with better foods.

Speaking of hot though, I fell in love with the General Tsao (spelling??) chicken they sell at Safeway. I get that once in awhile when I don't want to cook;) I love it but accidentally bit right into one of the red peppers, man I bout choked it was so hot!! I can handle the sauce with the touch of the hot pepper flavor, but not bite right into one:confused:

Ike Willis likes this.
  3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

We had to go to Walmart today, so I specifically went to the health supplements section (right by the main door for us in our Walmart), @Ina I. Wonder , and I looked to see which good quality protein supplements were available at Walmart.
    The one that is the very best quality and the one I would recommend for you is called Body Fortress. We get the whey protein powder, and then blend and drink that; but they also have the pre-packaged kind, and it has a whopping 42 grams of protein per container. One of those first thing in the morning should help you get your day off to a great start. Plus, they are low-carb, so you won't just be filling your body up with sugar like some of the cheaper ones are made of.
    There is also Muscle Milk, Premium Protein, and CarbAdvantage, all of which are excellent choices, and there is a variety of flavors you can choose from, especially in the Premium Protein.
    Since it is liquid protein, it should digest fairly fast and I think you will notice the difference right away, especially of you take one of the Body Fortress protein drinks every morning, and one of the other ones (which are all lower protein) later in the day.
    It is at least worth giving it a try ! !

Ina I. Wonder likes this.