What Did W W I I Accomplish?

Discussion in 'History & Geography' started by Don Alaska, Mar 1, 2021.

1. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell, I have read in my daughter's physiological psychology text book about a biological / hormonal / neurological imperative of dominance in men, especially when testosterone in the system is quite abundant, that compels an urge to conquer, to fight, to prove strength, etc., and there can be a vicarious satisfaction of that urge derived from watching violent sports and war movies. It's part of the male survival instinct. It's part of why some men are constantly looking for a fight, or engaging in aggressive verbal challenges, needing to have the last word or win the argument as a form of winning a battle.

The biological / hormonal / neurological imperative of caretaking / nurturing in women is linked to the production of estrogen, which is more abundant in some females than in others. This is why, in part, many women would stop in the midst of a battle charge to bandage a wound, or comfort the sick and dying, metaphorically speaking. It is part of why women are more prone to agree to disagree, or "let" a man "win" an argument, and in more extreme cases, give in to the male opinion in order to keep peace. This is part of the female survival instinct.

Joe Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

uuum,ok.
    but why can not big fearless men change a diaper or see up chuck and etc without feeling sick ?;)

3. D'Ellyn Dottir

D'Ellyn Dottir Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

@Gloria Mitchell , In psych that question would be answered this way -- Men feel threatened showing vulnerability. Vulnerability feels threatening. The male brain is programmed to conquer feeling vulnerable. The situations you pin point easily make many adults, me included, feel queasy and that feeling sick to the stomach makes many people feel on the verge of losing control over their body.

Men are vested in maintaining control of everything and especially their body, another survival instinct / testosterone thing. So when they detect themselves in danger of losing it, literally, they can barely stand it. Their instinct is to flee from the provoking situation. And cultural condition of the past taught men that dealing with those kinds of unpleasant circumstances was "women's work" -- and goddess forbid any macho man would be caught doing that! LOL

It takes a lot of conditioning to overcome this bio-psycho reaction of feeling queasy and not escaping from that stimuli. Ironically, those who can overcome it are mastering the control they are afraid of losing.

Joe Smith likes this.
  4. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Supreme Member
    Registered

June 6, 1945---Their contribution to the Allies was in bases & supplies

5. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Apparently they took both sides in the effort, before, during and after the war - whatever they believed would profit them the most and give them the most leverage in power, politics, and world wide deception.
    They potentially had a lot of inside and otherwise maybe unknown information available from both/all/ sides through the religious powers in place(s) in all the countries involved.

one tiny excerpt after almost a century of personal testimony from those who told of it >

"German prosecutors who examined secret files from Brazil and Chile discovered that as many as 9,000 Nazi officers and collaborators from other countries escaped from Europe to find sanctuary in South American countries. Brazil took in between 1,500 and 2,000 Nazi war criminals"
    https://www.history.com/news/how-south-america-became-a-nazi-haven

6. Silvia Benoit

Silvia Benoit Veteran Member
    Registered

And most of the Germans who went to Argentina (Jewish, Atheists, Nazis ) eventually moved. also to Chile and Brazil.........and a large number of them went to Paraguay since the dictator there at that time was Stroessner... of German origin.
    Eichmann was discovered by a neighbor who informed the authorities (he lived in a rundown area); he was "removed" by the Mossad in few hours and shipped to Israel.

7. Lon Tanner

Registered

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

That is an interesting read. The guy actually lied about his experience in order to get the job of executioner.

How did you stumble upon this?

9. Lon Tanner

Registered

I was checking out Nurenberg Trials on You Tube

John Brunner likes this.
  10. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I guess you saw he had executed a number of US soldiers before he executed the enemy.

I did not see details. One would assume the charge was desertion. Why would someone lie about his credentials in order to secure that duty for himself? His motives are suspect (and likely creepy.)