What Are Your Travel Plans For This Year

Discussion in 'Travel & Vacation' started by Pat Baker, Feb 2, 2015.

1. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Be safe,have a good time seeing the family.

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

We made it back ya'll! 8.5 days gone and a bit over 1200 miles, glad to be home.
    Spent first night with BFF of 50 plus years. Then left an went to my brothers house from Friday night to Sunday morning. He is about the same, obsessed with counting change. But for a brief moment, while sitting and eating, caught a glimpse of his smile from the past and a look in his eye that said ' Yes I am still here' . Get teary eyed thinking about that.
    Sunday we were off to my step daughters place. Then my two daughters and one GD came for a few hours visit. Was not long but was glad to see them. Everyone lives so far apart :(
    Sarah showered us with a newly decorated bedroom, complete with tv and Roku. We ate great seafood out twice, and some really good Mexican food. More meals and all were great. it did rain while there- a lot and hard ,hard rain.
    Keep in mind Sarah has a tiny old chihuahua, a 7 year old small damalation and a large lab dog..the then pet dove that coos until I wanted to whack it one!:D. Then I got taken for a pedicure, and we did some shopping.
    Treated like royalty :).
    Friday morning early we left for the trip home, that was beyond exhausting, and painful. 9.5 hours in that truck almost killed us. Yes ,we stopped 4 times, but was rough going. While on the road we encountered 3 different big rigs, even if different states alliterate swerving a lot on the road. It was not wind causing it, but we managed to get away from all three. To top it off, turned out we were going um, the long way around back to Kansas and this complicated things. However we still made decent time back and were grateful to be back. We hear Delilah enjoyed herself with the other dogs and being able to run to her hearts content. Glad we went, enjoyed, but very glad to be back in prairie land vs, the concrete jungle noise and traffic of big city life. :p

3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow. The trip changed your perspective a bit, G!!! I'm so glad you had a safe trip and enjoyed all your friends/family. You will never regret going to see your brother. Welcome back!

4. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, this year, the family reunion is in Minneapolis. Much closer than usual but still, I don't move well after sitting even just 5 hours. Hope my car is up to the task.:confused:

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I want to go to see my sister and family in south Georgia. My brother-in-law has had a lot of health issues and I feel that we should go before time runs out. No firm plans yet; my husband is still knee-deep in MIL estate stuff, but hopefully we'll go this summer.

Mary Stetler and Yvonne Smith like this.