Westward Toward The Sunset

Discussion in 'Personal Diaries' started by Faye Fox, Nov 14, 2023.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Faye Fox, because you will read this, only not logged in. Once again like Cody you threaten to leave. This forum is not suppose to be Drama land and continued threats of leaving only to return again and again is childish.
    I do not know what the dickens happened on here that caused all this turmoil but if your leaving and that corrects the situation then so be it - and anyone else who causes unnecessary drama.
    This forum has always been a good,happy place to come to for sharing ideas- although different for many, and even consoling to and for others when times are rough. Sorry you again leave on a bad note, but I stopped caring about your return the last time.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

This forum is supposed to be fun, or at least, a harmless passing of time. If it stresses you, you're probably not doing it right.

3. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

There’s always the ignore feature. I don’t have anyone here on ignore but I do on another couple forums. If someone is ruining the forum experience, put them on ignore. Easy peasy.

Don Alaska and John Nopales like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I had one person on ignore here, but she didn't last long and has left the Forum. I only use it for people who contribute nothing, not for those I disagree with. I often enjoy seeing the posts of those I don't agree with, especially if they have good arguments. I might change my mind.

5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree about no problem with those who like to argue things, good way to learn stuff. The folks I have on ignore on other forums somehow annoyed me, stupid comments, obnoxious or arrogant. If I become aware someone is ruining my experience, onto ignore they go. I don’t go to forums to be annoyed.

Beth Gallagher and John Brunner like this.
  6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I 'lost it' with your ignored person because she was attacking my peeps and my country. It is OK for me to attack our president and policies but not for her to attack our opinions in an aggressive way. It was just weird. I basically told her she probably had no friends in the real world and the way she treated people was why and then she was gone.
    I did put one on ignore for a while. I wonder if it says something about my character that I can't just not read what people write. But I notice when people leave, by whatever reason, it seems to diminish the board somehow. When it is the annoying, it takes away the spice a little. When it is someone I like it just makes me sad, like actually losing a friend.

7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

I've put a lot of people on Ignore in the comments section of various news sites because they are overt Hit & Run trolls, but I've yet to do that on a forum such as this one. I'm too oppositional to permit them to make me do that. But I've come close.

I think that when someone who's a major center of attention exits and the dust settles, we have to go back to dealing with each other and with ourselves. Sometimes a little disruption provides a respite from all that...nothing unites like a common enemy.

But I agree that there is a different kind of loss felt when someone I like exits.

8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

Let's be careful when making assessments about other forum members, whether they are still here or not. I'd much rather we deal with the issues, discussions, and conversations that come up than try to determine motivations and so on.

9. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

How do you know who I ignored? It was some time ago and nobody recent.

Bobby Cole and Mary Stetler like this.