Wells Fargo Illegally Repossessed 413 Service Members' Vehicles

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 30, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Stories like this one really make my blood boil. I don't like when large corporations mistreat customers, and I particularly don't like it when they go after those least able to fight back. Service members are often overseas these days, or tied up with other things, such as living their lives, and trying to protect our country, and don't need to be hassled unnecessarily by those not only profiting off of them, but profiting and then harming their ability to live their lives and maintain their livelihood.

Credit checks these days affect just about every aspect of our lives. If someone has poor credit, it can affect not only their ability to rent a place or buy a house, it can also affect whether or not they are hired for a position, or whether or not they can obtain or keep a security clearance. Many of the younger/newer service members are very poorly paid, and often make about the same as someone starting out at Walmart. I think if a finance company is going to repossess a vehicle or home, or an HOA is going to attempt to take a home for unpaid dues, they should make sure they dot their i's and cross their t's, before doing so.