Water Retention?

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Hedi Mitchell, Apr 18, 2024.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

When we first moved to Kansas we both felt bigger, bloated and clothes tight fitting.
    I thought we both were um,nuts. But when we went home to Texas last week, I could barely keep me bra, pants and shoes on they were so loose. And keep in mind all our meals were carry out or fast food- higher salt content. However we were eating at different times than normal and skipped at least one meal a day.
    Today I feel like a stuffed grape in needle eye. Clothes are tight. ChatGPT tells me I am not nuts.
    Your body does have changes from state to state , even say county to county in same state. Seasons can also affect your body,and muscles. I wanna move back to Texas and feel skinnier :rolleyes:

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I don't understand. What causes you to change in a different locale...almost instantaneously? And why something as minor as county-to-county?

Inquiring minds want to know...

Beth Gallagher likes this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I was wondering that, too. I don't know if the elevation is different or what...?? I have never noticed anything like that but I do notice changes in humidity levels. When we travel out west or into the mountains, the dry air gives my sinuses fits and makes my lips crack.

Hedi Mitchell and John Brunner like this.
  4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Weather can affect heath problems. My wife's allergies are somewhat worse here in Henderson/Vegas than they were in Colorado or even in Florida. We are currently living in the desert, of which neither of us have ever lived before. It can get very windy here, almost on a daily basis and there is a lot of dirt/dust flying. Generally, from right down the street from us, we can see all of Vegas (The Strip to downtown), but when the wind is up, all we can see is "gray" from the dirt/dust flying in the air. It's pretty bad.

Hedi Mitchell and John Brunner like this.
  5. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Do you drink a lot of tap water? Does it taste any different in Kansas? Could it be more sodium (salt) in the water? Or Other minerals?

6. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

I do not understand it either, one reason that I put on here. No , not the water and salt. I have talked to others who claim the same thing. All I know is big noticeable difference in shoes and clothes fitting. A Go Figure moment :rolleyes:

Clothes are tight. ChatGPT tells me I am not nuts.
    Your body does have changes from state to state , even say county to county in same state.

Marie Mallery likes this.
  7. Marie Mallery

Marie Mallery Veteran Member
    Registered

Are you moving around more or less where you are now? Maybe time for a checkup on your kidneys,

8. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Does chat GPT say why? And does it say if that those changes are literally overnight?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Can not find my original question to It - however it does state the changes are temporary
    It's important to note that these fluctuations are often temporary and don't necessarily reflect long-term changes in body composition.
    Now it just wants to talk about weight loss..sigh

Last edited: Apr 21, 2024
    John Brunner likes this.
  10. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Are you getting enough potassium?

John Brunner and Yvonne Smith like this.
  11. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

my recent blood test did not appear to show need for that. Of course I have to interpret myself as my doctor does not have time, I guess

John Brunner likes this.