Was George Floyd An Innocent Victim?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Faye Fox, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I wasn't addressing the comment to you, specifically. It has been suggested that this thug was worthy of respect, and, given that a statue of the guy was made, that seemed to be something worthy of comment. For example...

Bobby Cole likes this.
  2. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Did someone suggest that George Floyd is worthy of respect ? I must have missed that post.

I have no way of knowing what the artist who created the statue of Floyd was thinking, BUT I suspect that it is not about respect. However, I suspect it is merely a symbol of a victim of police brutality.

Tony Nathanson likes this.
  3. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

He was a victim of NO upbringing and resisting arrest while stoned and physically hyper due to fear of his own abuse, not the policeman. This is exactly why most large cities are total war zones, poor thugs are mistreated is the narrative for today says all the liberal minds. You try the same thing if ever stopped for anything much less a felony as he was, he was already identified as a man passing counterfeit money that morning. He was well known to be a criminal and not a choir boy as the media would like him to be. He just absolutely refused to obey any normal command by the officers who caught him. The reason these thugs resist is due to the media and the liberal leftist making our laws unenforceable. Volunteer to ride along and see what these police officers receive every single day, you might have a different opinion of the facts. It is a dangerous thankless job and guess what, once there are no police you will have to either handover your property or die or die anyway. Pretty poor choice isn't it. The thug would be alive today had he not resisted arrest and choked himself to death on drugs he swallowed. No one could have breathed after all that screaming and resisting, he knew he was going back to the pen for a long time this time. Maybe they should have just let him go about his daily business "passing 20s and selling crack." :rolleyes:

4. Richard Whiting

Registered

Choked himself to death on drugs he swallowed ?????? WOW ! Unbelievable that you could post such non-sense.
    Try to get this through your head. George Floyd was alive and breathing just fine until TWO cops murdered him by crushing his HANDCUFFED body into the ground.

Cops don't like it when people resist arrest. Not that I blame them. BUT, that does not give them any right to abuse a suspect. There were more than enough cops present to bodily pick him up and toss him into a squad car. If they had done that, they would still be cops and NOT in prison for murder.

Tony Nathanson likes this.
  5. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes. Racists don't get it & would rather turn it into "Respecting a criminal" to divert attention away from the worse criminal - the cop who committed murder.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  6. Tony Nathanson

Registered

Racists live in a world of their own making & design. They actually love cops like Derek Chauvin.

7. Tony Nathanson

Registered

I can see why this thread bothers you.
    The truth only hurts when it should.

8. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow, the race card has been played. How pathetic and grasping. Not sure why I opened this ridiculous thread again, but I won't make the same mistake. Good grief.

Bobby Cole and Richard Whiting like this.
  9. Richard Whiting

Registered

Exactly so. Diverting attention from the facts.

10. Tony Nathanson

Registered

The defense did the best job they could with the little they had to work with.
    I watched every minute of Dr. Conrad Murray's manslaughter trial. His defense attorneys were in the same sinking boat.
    First, they tried to say Michael Jackson died of "Heart Disease." But the DA presented MJ's autopsy that showed remarkably clear coronary arteries for a 50 year old..
    Then they tried to say Michael Jackson injected himself with Propofol when Dr. Murray left the room. That didn't work, either, but the defense did their job as best they could.
    As with Derek Chauvin, there was just too much evidence, including video.

11. Ken Anderson

I know, but I quoted it in the same post that you're replying to.

12. Ken Anderson

How the hell that Michael Jackson find his way into this thread?

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  13. Tony Nathanson

Registered

Review Post #123

14. Ken Anderson

That doesn't answer the question. This is Post #123, and it doesn't seem to be about Michael Jackson.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  15. Richard Whiting

Registered

Try post # 130. I think he was trying to draw an analogy between two defenses that failed to work. Just like Chauvins lawyer who tried everything, just to see if it would "stick".