Was George Floyd An Innocent Victim?

Discussion in 'Protests & Riots' started by Faye Fox, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

The fewer the facts, the stronger the opinion.

Faye Fox, Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  2. Faye Fox

Faye Fox Veteran Member
    Registered

That is it in a nutshell. Somehow my question in the OP is Floyd innocent, was overshadowed by the desire for a good old fashion fist fight and forum dust up. Boys will be boys! :D:D:D

Tom Galty and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Yeah, but the guy must have consulted an 8 ball to get what few facts he has…..

Did Bobby just write that Derek Chauven is innocent?
    (shake shake shake)
    Answer: you might be right

Well Bobby, did you write your Governor and tell him how your hero………….?

Absolutely flipping well absurd!!!

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
    Faye Fox likes this.
  4. Tom Galty

Tom Galty Veteran Member
    Registered

You would have to be caught with a number of fake notes for that to happen.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Bait was cast; bait was taken. Moving on to the garden thread.

Faye Fox, Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Interesting…..

Here, if someone produces or holds any counterfeit money other than the counterfeit money the treasury prints, the FBI is all over it.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2023
  7. Richard Whiting

Richard Whiting Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

It absolutely amazes me that anyone thinks it's ok the a cop to be judge, jury and executioner.

Was George Floyd one of the good guys ? NOPE ! Did he have a past filled with criminal charges ? Yep !

Officer Derek Chauvin had 17 previous complaints made against him by citizens. Some of those charges involved excessive use of force.

Regarding whether Floyd could breathe or not. No, officer Chauvin did not block Floyd windpipe, BUT Floyd had TWO cops pressing down on him AFTER he had been handcuffed and was lying helpless on the ground including Chauvin's pressing down on the side of Floyd's neck. The combination of two cops pressing down on Floyd and making it difficult for Floyd to breathe THAT is what caused Floyd to go into full cardiac arrest.

Clearly, officer Derek Chauvin was not fit to be a cop. He was too prone to use excessive force.

8. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

LOL. I hate all criminals. Doesn't matter what their job is. But a police officer takes an oath to uphold the law. We expect criminals to act like criminals. We don't expect cops to act like criminals.
    Since I think Chauvin deserves the death penalty, or at least life without parole, I wouldn't have a problem with him being murdered. He spent 9 minutes committing murder - plenty of time to think about what he was doing. The D.A. wouldn't risk failing at a first-degree murder charge, so Chauvin got a good deal.

Chauvin has a history of choking people:
    The city of Minneapolis agreed Thursday to pay nearly $9 million to settle lawsuits filed by two people who said former police officer Derek Chauvin pressed his knee into their necks years before he used the same move to kill George Floyd.Apr 13, 2023

And please show some respect for Dear Derek by spelling his name correctly. :D

Richard Whiting likes this.
  9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Whilst I have nothing to add to the rest of your post Richard, I do want to ask as to who said that it’s okay for a cop to be judge, jury and executioner?

As I wrote before, none of the charges against the defendant(s) indicated any intent in the death of George Floyd.

Richard Whiting likes this.
  10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Did you have a problem knowing whom I was referring to? I think not or you wouldn’t have brought it up. Petty BS.
    Now, so far as you hating All Criminals, your mental and physical well being may depend on the ability to forgive yourself and ask others to do so as well.

About the rest of your post…..how absolutely redundant do you wish to get? My goodness, why do you not simply copy and paste every time you wish to post?
    I mean, it’s the same thing over and over with a twist here and there and for the most part, off topic.

The question is really simple or can you not do simple? Was George Floyd an innocent victim? Yes or no. Simple.
    To be sure, this whole thread shouldn’t have gone over a page.

11. Richard Whiting

Registered

No one specifically said that its ok for a cop to be judge , jury and executioner. But, many act like they believe it.

Intent is a difficult thing to prove. Sometimes impossible to prove. Hence, the D.A. did not include intent in the charges. IF, intent could have been established, the main charge would have been 1st degree murder.

We can never know, with any certainty, what was going through Chauvin's mind , as he was pressing down on a helpless man. However, we CAN BE CERTAIN that Chauvin was acting with reckless disregard for Floyds civil rights.

12. Ken Anderson

On a forum, we can only act through what we say.

13. Richard Whiting

Registered

Though the question is not addressed to me, I'll answer it.

Was George Floyd innocent ? Innocent of what, specifically ? He certainly had a rather long list of criminal activity which included robbery with a gun.
    Was he innocent of resisting arrest on the day of his murder ? I'd have to say ... NO, he was guilty of resisting arrest.

Was George Floyd a victim ? To THAT, I'd have to say, YES, he was a victim of police brutality.

Thus, you see it is possible to be guilty of a crime AND also be a victim at the same time.

Tom Galty likes this.
  14. Ken Anderson

Why then, should we respect people who are guilty of crimes?

Faye Fox likes this.
  15. Richard Whiting

Registered

I don't recall saying that I respect anyone who is guilty of crime. In any event, it is possible to not respect someone and STILL believe that he/she could be a victim of police brutality.