Use Of A Mask

Discussion in 'Viruses' started by Ken Anderson, Apr 21, 2020.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I think that's very nice of them to endure the discomfort for the sole purpose of protecting everyone else, since "Your Mask Doesn't Protect You..." I guess our nation isn't lost after all.

2. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

When I used a mask as a precaution, I would spray it with either grapefruit seed extract or colloidal silver. I figured masks made other people feel better

3. John Brunner

That's actually a good idea. Grapefruit seed extract and xylitol are two of the ingredients to look for in a virus-killing nasal spray to be used shortly after exposure to other people.

4. John Brunner

[​IMG]

5. Reen Davis

Reen Davis Well-Known Member
    Registered

:D Good one - brought the weirdest image to mind. A small upgrade - a bit of tape over the center hole might be a big improvement - or perhaps the hole stops one's glasses from steaming up :D

Attached Files:

6. John Brunner

It's like masks...the virus can only travel one way. The back of the disc says "No Exit."

Science.

Reen Davis and Don Alaska like this.
  7. Reen Davis

Registered

So which way round you wear it depends on who you want to protect !
    Never did believe that - I don't think the 'experts' even knew what - if any - effect they had. .

John Brunner likes this.
  8. John Brunner

When the ladies around here could pull random fabric out of the remnants bin and sew straps on it, and it qualified for "protecting the public," every such "face covering" donned functionally unmasked any pretense at efficacy.

And the experts DO know that masks don't work. I believe it was studied and proven during a previous epidemic (I forget which one.) The studies are out there.

Don Alaska and Reen Davis like this.
  9. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I’ve worn masks and continue to do so when out in public altho is not law to wear them …
    The masks we both wear I made but the people in the know ..said fabric masks are no good ……well it must depend on the quality of the fabric cause we have not had Covid and my very busy GP said a few days ago we are the only ones he knows that has NOT had Covid

John Brunner likes this.
  10. Reen Davis

Registered

I remember right at the start they said masks were useless - but then it changed to 'they do work' and became mandatory !!
    I think it would depend on what kind of mask - some would clearly be more effective than others,

11. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I wear a mask when entering someplace that requires it, right now that is our vet and my dentist. Obviously, with the dentist, it comes off later and I have to rinse with hydrogen peroxide. I don’t wear them otherwise. New, unused, K95s offer pretty good protection of our airways if they are tightly sealed. Most other masks are largely ineffective. None of them are a 100% preventative, they’re just designed to reduce the odds. The one thing they don’t do is protect the eyes, those nice, warm, wet orbs, exposed to the world, which drain right into our sinuses. Loose fitting cloth masks are 40-60% effective as viral filters. Given the numbers below, it’s easy to see why they are not very effective.

“In each cubic meter of air, there are between 1.6 million and 40 million viruses. **In each cubic meter of air, there are between 860,000 and 11 million bacteria. Given that we breathe roughly .01 cubic meters of air each minute, a simple calculation based on these results suggests we breathe in a few hundred thousand viruses every minute.””

https://www.discovermagazine.com/planet-earth/the-infected-air-nsfh-not-safe-for-hypochondriacs

https://jvi.asm.org/content/86/15/8221.abstract

12. Jessica Morgan

Jessica Morgan Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I've never stopped wearing a mask. There's a bad case of 'super cold' doing the rounds here, I'm recovering from it and it's the weirdest cold I've ever had.

13. Jeff Elohim

Jeff Elohim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Even in the surgical theater, masks increase infections , no where was it shown that they decrease infections, except censored controlled media - which people most often believe instead of actual results.

Perhaps people who 'felt' sick went to him, and he could get paid a regular amount if they just get treated for what is really happening, or he could get paid up to and more than a thousand dollars more for telling them /diagnoising/ cobid ... so he does what most doctors did ? Claim cobid.... more money, more support from and for the system, and less well being for everyone meaning more money for bigpharm.

14. Richard Joseph

Richard Joseph Active Member
    Registered

Disagree on that point, the same SoL applies.

15. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I don't wear masks and I have not had Covid, so not wearing masks must work equally well.

Jeff Elohim and Kate Ellery like this.