Upper Room Devotional For Today Is "finding Rest"

Discussion in 'Faith & Religion' started by Joe Riley, Jun 13, 2016.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Today's Upper Room Devotional, is titled "Finding Rest", by Dave Beckwith (California, USA)

The scripture from The Message Bible, is Psalm 62:1-8
    1 "God, the one and only - I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I need comes from him, so why not? 2 He's solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I'm set for life. 3 How long will you gang up on me? How long will you run with the bullies? There's nothing to you, any of you - rotten floorboards, worm-eaten rafters, 4 Anthills plotting to bring down mountains, far gone in make-believe. You talk a good line, but every "blessing" breathes a curse. 5 God, the one and only - I'll wait as long as he says. Everything I hope for comes from him, so why not? 6 He's solid rock under my feet, breathing room for my soul, An impregnable castle: I'm set for life. 7 My help and glory are in God 8 So trust him absolutely, people; lay your lives on the line for him. God is a safe place to be".

Prayer: "Creator God, thank you for giving us rest in you. We come, weary and tired, to find strength in your presence. Renew us and sustain us with your love. Amen".

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.