Unwanted Poison Drop

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Frank Sanoica, May 3, 2018.

1. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Yesterday, we were away for a number of hours. In the evening, opening the front door to toss out some Broccoli stems for the bunny rabbit, I found a paper stuck under the door.

A Pest Control Co. had sprayed our outside premises while we were away, unordered and unwanted. How did this happen? Poor street planning, partly. Our address is 1234 Mohave Circle. two blocks away, the Richardsons live at 1234 Mohave Court. Often, suppliers often write "Cir" or "Ct". This one clearly said Richardson, at "Ct". Mis-read by the poison dispenser.

Today I called them and read them the "riot act". They had their "Chief Technician" call me back. Tried to "write it off", new man, but "very smart". I replied, but not smart enough to read street names. Guy sort of shut up then, but not for long. Went on to tell me how "harmless" the process was. Asked what about our little animals, some weighing only several ounces each, "don't worry". How about two evap. coolers continuously blowing outside air through our house and my shop?

I laid it on him. We have two clearly oibvious signs down by our gate, stating "No Trespassing", while Richardson has none. Trespassed to pour poison onto our ground!

What would YOU do?

Frank

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  2. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Dunno. Probably the same as you, Frank because that's about all a person can do unless the problem persists, a small animal dies, or can prove that it is hampering your breathing. Possibly they might have an anti-toxin they could put into the soil but then that would mean two unwanted chems.
    Or, you can sue but that would drag out for who knows how long and the result would be a crap shoot with only the lawyers coming out on the positive end.

Again, in all seriousness, except for going down and doing a face to face with them and receiving a written guarantee that it will not happen again, I am stuck for a really good answer.

Heck, we can't even get the person who delivers the mail and sometimes the UPS guy to put the packages and mail at the right address. You would think that after doing it right once, that every time after that would be a snap.
    We never get someone else's pizza so what is it about the pizza place that the post office needs to copy?

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Well as long as they don't try to send you a bill for that posion @Frank Sanoica....I think you have done just about all you can do. Except maybe send them a certified letter telling them if any of your animals, etc. die from that poision you will be sending them a bill to replace them.

4. Frank Sanoica

Registered

@Babs Hunt
    Actually, the receipt left by the spray-guy IS a bill, made out to Richardsons.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I would think you'd be able to get something from them, Frank. I know I'd be outraged, and I'd think they'd be concerned about it getting out. That can't be good publicity.

Frank Sanoica and Bobby Cole like this.
  6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It does seem Frank that those "No Trespassing" signs would have made the person call the Office or the number of the people he was supposed to spray and ask about those signs. How long will that poison affect your ground, etc.? You can always call a Lawyer and ask what you can do if you want compensation, etc.

7. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Perhaps a legal mediator might be of some service as opposed to going through the court system?

8. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Lots of times a Lawyer can just write a letter to the Company and get this kind of thing resolved.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  9. Frank Sanoica

Registered

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think a one time spraying will be bring eternal harm Frank. I do understand you are upset and you have a right to be...if you feel like you need to do more than just be upset to bring you peace of mind again...then do what you feel you have to do.

Frank Sanoica likes this.