Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

What is going on! ? After listening to the Polish representative to the UN and others talking about about they were in the fight to the end with Ukraine, I just heard the Polish President and Prime Minister both announcing they were ceasing military support for Ukraine and were instead investing in their own military. The Polish President even referred to Ukraine as a "drowning person" who would pull any nations attempting to rescue them under the water with them. Quite a turn of events that I don't understand completely. Perhaps Poland has arrived at the same conclusion that I did at the beginning of the conflict--that Russia was only interested in the eastern provinces of Ukraine and nothing more. They would fight in the western parts only if forced to do so and they had no interest whatsoever in anything outside Ukraine unless attacked for there.

This could be another amazing defeat for the U.S. at the hands of the Biden Administration, eclipsing perhaps even the debacle that was Afghanistan...not to mention the U.S. border.

Mary Stetler and Thomas Windom like this.
  2. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I agree about the 4 eastern provinces. Putin in fact said that at the beginning of his military operation. I think initially he would have taken Kiev and the rest of Ukraine if he could but it proved to be too costly and difficult. He then promptly retreated back to the 4 pro-Russia territories and proceeded to dig in. That has been a fixed demarcation, plus/minus a few miles here and there, give and take, since this mess started.

This is between Ukraine and Russia. Everyone else would be smart to extricate themselves from that quagmire.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny that Zelensky was asking what peace plan did Trump have. He did not ask what peace plan Biden had.

4. Thomas Windom

Registered

speaking of…just read this
    speaking of…just saw this

“The Russian government has maintained that it acted lawfully when it recognized the independence of the Donetsk and Luganks People’s Republics in February 2022. Days later, after Kiev refused to stop attacks on Donbass and pull out its troops, Moscow launched its offensive.”

https://www.thetruthseeker.co.uk/?p=273576

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The U.S. is reportedly pressuring Poland to reverse their decision not to support Ukraine militarily any longer. Biden has sent a bill to Congress demanding that the aid to Ukraine continue even if the U.S. government "shuts down". He has also okayed the shipment of longer ranger missiles armed supposedly with "only" cluster warheads designed to kill large numbers of military and civilians, but not the infrastructure. Cluster munitions are illegal according to most international treaties since so many children have been killed by them, but the U.S. still uses them and doesn't mind apparently that children are killed by munitions that don't always explode on target.

This is a sad, sad time for our country, and our "leaders" appear to deliberately be taking us into a nuclear war.

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Now I just saw that the Russians are reporting the capture of German troops in a German Leopard tank inside Russian territory. If true, NATO has now invaded Russia. What next? Abrams tanks are arriving in Ukraine at this moment. Will they be crewed by Americans? Quite a number of sources have reported that Ukraine is simply out of people to fight. Women are being trained to man the front lines as cannon fodder for NATO, so I guess we are actually in WWIII. At least the Russians and Chinese governments have built shelters for their population, while the Western countries provide no shelter for any but the politicians and some of the elite who don't have their own shelter/bunkers. Is this the September 23 incident mentioned in another thread?

7. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Biden said if the government shuts down, he intends to make an EO or other demand to keep funding Ukraine. I was about to call my liberal Senator and ask if she is insane or will she fight this.
    Has he seen the border videos? The homeless in sanctuary cities? He will cancel SS for Ukraine?

Don Alaska likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

He has his priorities and we ain't it.

9. Thomas Windom

Registered

That right there is it, simple and clear.

Martin Alonzo and Don Alaska like this.
  10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Good heavens. https://www.yahoo.com/news/russia-lost-87-troops-had-174350068.html

"Russia has lost a staggering 87 percent of the total number of active-duty ground troops it had prior to launching its invasion of Ukraine and two-thirds of its pre-invasion tanks, a source familiar with a declassified US intelligence assessment provided to Congress told CNN."

Of the 360,000 troops that entered Ukraine, including contract and conscript personnel, Russia has lost 315,000 on the battlefield, according to the assessment. 2,200 of 3,500 tanks have been lost, according to the assessment. 4,400 of 13,600 infantry fighting vehicles and armored personnel carriers have also been destroyed, a 32 percent loss rate.

“As of late November, Russia lost over a quarter of its pre-invasion stockpiles of ground forces equipment,” the assessment reads. “This has reduced the complexity and scale of Russian offensive operations, which have failed to make major gains in Ukraine since early 2022.”

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Those are some staggering numbers.
    The problem I’m having is that I really don’t know whether to applaud or cuss.

12. Mary Stetler

Registered

Ukraine has lost all of its young men and was drafting women and old men.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Beth Gallagher

Registered

Now Mary. You know they haven't lost all their young men. :p They have a smaller military than the Russians and are having more women "conscripted", but I don't know about old men. I was just shocked by the Russian losses.

Last edited: Dec 13, 2023
  14. Mary Stetler

Registered

Asked about further funding of Ukraine. I said, let's conscript all the single men coming across our border and send them, instead of money, to the Ukraine front.
    Two birds with one stone.:D

15. Beth Gallagher

Registered

I like the way you think. ;)

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.