Ukraine

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ed Wilson, Feb 13, 2022.

1. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

He said they had tatoos and wore funny western pants to Cracker Barrel. :p

Don Alaska likes this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Now I have seen that perhaps representatives of the U.S. and those from Russia have conducted secret negotiations to end the Ukraine conflict. Ironically, representatives from Ukraine are not included. Some think the U.S. is now thinking that Ukraine in a never ending quagmire that distracts from the preparations for a conflict with China and the attack on the Dollar. I have no idea if any of this is true, but I see it as a possibility, especially seeing Biden's poll numbers and the decreasing popularity of supporting the war among American voters.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Funny that these countries that are not in the war are running out of ammunition. How could that possibly be? Maybe because someone is lying. How can if you are not in the war but use up all your ammunition? NATO/USA has been trying to destroy Russia. For decades yet Russia not only still exist but is getting stronger. There was a clip from a movie with two English solders saying are we the baddies? Makes you wonder.

Don Alaska and Mary Stetler like this.
  4. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

After looking into the background of the war, it certainly does look like the U.S. and NATO are the baddies and forced Russia to go to war. The West thought they could destroy Russia economically, but that didn't work, thanks in part at least to China with help from India and Saudi Arabia. Now we are stuck in a war that is killing thousands of people, and those killed aren't even the principals in the war, at least on the Ukraine side. Zelenskyy is imprisoning his political opponents and cancelling elections. Sounds like we are now on Hitler's side against the Russians.o_O

5. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I listened to Putin’s whole address when he declared his military action. If what he said is true, that Ukraine was waging systematic domestic warfare on ethnic Russians, and that these ethnic Russians did indeed ask for his assistance, it is even more evidence of how little business we have sticking our noses into this mess.

6. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It is certainly true that certain people in Ukraine were abusing ethnic Russians. I don't doubt they requested his help. If NATO hadn't pushed this war, it would have been over when Russia was able to protect the parts of Ukraine that were primarily Russian. That is why Putin has been so restrained in his approach despite the many so-called "red lines" that were crossed. Russia avoided attacking civilian targets until recently but the Ukrainians attacked civilian targets in Russia with NATO-provided weapons. Are participation has definitely worsened the situation and cast many lives on both sides, mostly for monetary reasons.

Mary Stetler and Thomas Windom like this.
  7. Martin Alonzo

Registered

Mary Stetler and Don Alaska like this.
  8. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The first missile attack on a decision center in Ukraine was some months back and was totally covered up. I guess they found they couldn't cover the deaths of high-ranking officials without comment, so now they are inventing stories and trying to convince folks that the deaths were domestic incidents. The initial strike killed a number of NATO officers deep underground--reportedly 400 feet below the surface--where they thought they were totally secure. If the Russians can destroy bunkers that deep, everything but perhaps Cheyenne Mountain would be at risk. I saw no reports of the type of weapon used other than that is was a missile strike.

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

My memory may be faulty, but I seem to remember Russia targeting apartment buildings with civilians in them early on in the war.

10. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

It was reported as such, but whether it really occurred, I am not sure. A large Russian apartment building was destroyed yesterday, but the target of the Ukrainian missile was unknown. I couldn't find definitive evidence that the building was the target or if it hit the building due to an attempt to shoot it down. The same thing has happened to Russian missiles, so we don't necessarily know the intended target. If you recall, there was a big hoopla a while back about Russia hitting targets inside Poland. On the back pages, it was later reported that it was actually a Ukrainian missile that had misfired and ended up hitting a building in Poland. There was no Russian missile involved in that incident.

In the fog of war, friendly fire and errant weapons happen. It is pretty common knowledge that Russia could have flattened Kyiv , but they haven't even done real damage there. U.S. and other NATO officials were even attending meetings in the open there, including Boris Johnson, the British PM at the time. You can get honest reporting from some foreign sources, but, unfortunately not from American ones.

Thomas Windom likes this.
  11. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I visited a bunker out east and was angered at the waste of it as they moved to different safer locations, wasting more money to keep the government safe and not the people. I kind of hope something like this will put the fear of God into them instead of ideas for more waste.

Don Alaska likes this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

13. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

The Ukrainian offensive has obviously failed. The Russians knew what was coming and developed a defensive strategy that stymied the Ukrainians, the Americans, and the Brits in its finely-crafted complexity. You can't launch an offensive against a well-armed foe in modern warfare when you have essentially told them ahead of time where you were going and how you were going to get there. The U.S. has been flying Global Hawks just outside Ukraine/Russian airspace gathering information to supply to the Ukrainian and allied decision makers so they can craft their attacks. I don't know how long the Russians will tolerate this. Russia is really fighting NATO (which is using Ukrainian lives since Western populations won't tolerate high casualties) and not just the Ukrainian Army. RFK,jr says it is largely to protect our bioweapons labs in Ukraine.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  14. Martin Alonzo

Registered

The only thing keeping this war going is the mercenaries from other countries paid to fight and a lot of them are leaving. The military are grabbing people off the street and putting a uniform on them with little to no training.. This war could have been over very fast but a lot of Russians live in Ukraine and parts of Ukraine voted to become Russian. This not a war of Russian VS Ukraine but USA, England deep state VS Russia

15. Don Alaska

Task Force Registered

Exactly!

Thomas Windom likes this.