Timeless Beauty

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Mal Campbell, Mar 26, 2015.

1. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Supreme Member
    Registered

You see so much today about celebrities like Kim Kardashian and Miley Cyrus. They all seem to compete to see who can be the trashiest. The tabloids talk about how beautiful they are. But to me, they can't compete with the timeless beauty of stars from the '40s and '50s, who, in addition to being beautiful, also displayed charm, poise and grace. Here a few of my favorites. How about you, who would you say defines timeless beauty?

Grace Kelly - defined elegance and became a real life princess
    grace.jpg

Elizabeth Taylor - exudes style and just a hint of sexuality.
    elizabeth-taylor1.jpg
    Audrey Hepburn - innocence and sophistication at the same time.
    Audrey-Hepburn-7.jpg

2. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't see the attraction of the Kardashian's I find them to be insulting by the amount of skin they expose in their pictures. Why do they think I want to look at their nake bodies. As for Miley I feel sorry for her, she may have a large amount of money but she is making a name for herself for her crazy acts instead of her talent. She has a very nice voice. But you don't hear it, that saying your actions are louder than your words. I agree the beauties you posted are ever lasting.

3. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Ingrid Bergman was always one of my favorites. She sometimes starred along with Yul Brynner, who was one of my most favorite actors. I also liked Kim Novak, who starred in Vertigo , with Jimmy Stewart.
    Doris Day and Debbie Reynolds were also very popular, and Doris Day starred in many movies that I liked.

One actress that I think is beautiful, but from a later time period, is Farrah Fawcett. I enjoyed her in the Bionic Woman series, back when that and the Six Million Dollar Man used to come on every week.
    image.jpg

4. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

[​IMG]
    I've always thought Veronica Lake was stunning. I think of many of the ladies here as women, versus many of the stars of today, who act more like children, so much less mature and sophisticated.

5. Lydia Williams

Lydia Williams Veteran Member
    Registered

You're all right that stars from the '40s and '50s are definitely so much more beautiful and sophisticated than stars nowadays. I hate them showing so much skin and it even makes me feel uncomfortable. I hope eventually people will realize that you don't need to be so "trashy" and more glamorous women will take the stage again.