This Is Pure Insanity

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Martin Alonzo, May 6, 2017.

1. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Nobody says you have to take it....also, where are you getting 1/4 million?

Cody Fousnaugh likes this.
  3. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

Chrissy a little google goes a long way
    500,000 Excess Deaths From Vioxx? Where? | In the Pipeline
    blogs.sciencemag.org/pipeline/archives/.../500000_excess_deaths_from_vioxx_where
    May 30, 2012 - Ron Unz, the publisher of the American Conservative who makes these ... the year Vioxx was introduced, while the largest drop occurred in 2004, the .... FDA in fact refers to the known injuries and deaths from this device as ...
    Vioxx Killed Half a Million? The Facts Are Grim. | Cherry Hill Legal ...
    cherryhill.legalexaminer.com/fda.../vioxx-killed-half-a-million-the-facts-are-grim/
    May 1, 2012 - The year after Vioxx was pulled from the market, American death rates ... For many, NSAIDs are the difference between a normal life and ...
    Sorry it was 1/2 million

4. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Did you read the whole article?

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

The major problem vioxx had was that the pharm company didn't report their total findings until it had been on the market for a full 5 years. That's 5 years of medical practitioners prescribing something but not knowing it's full spectrum of side effects.
    Had doctors known the truth they would have only prescribed the drug to patients who had no problems in the cardiac arena and would at least limited its time of use.

My wife takes a drug that is supposed to keep her heart in rhythm but any extended use of it destroys the lungs and kidneys. Her doctor knows it and informed her and I why he wants to get her off the drug as quick as possible.
    Such was not the case with vioxx and from what I read the pharm co. has somewhere in the neighborhood of 5 billion bucks in escrow sitting and waiting for law suits.

Now as far as vioxx is concerned, it's main use from what I understand is for pain relief and an anti-inflammatory due to arthritis. For me, one 500 mg capsule of bromelain on an empty stomach is the ticket. It's an enzyme taken from pineapple cores and it's natural and can be bought over the counter and has no side effects. On top of that......it's just like me.......cheap.

Martin Alonzo likes this.