This Is Just Crazy.

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Sep 28, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

That's problem when a person has a vice. An alcoholic can do that to his/her children, neglect that can lead to injury, worse.. death. Most alcoholics I know have twisted minds that sometimes they cannot comprehend right from wrong. They are overpowered by the alcohol and their brain seemed to be numbed so they cannot think about anything other than their desire to drink.

So many couples have no children and sometimes I wonder why a woman like that is gifted with a child. She doesn't deserve to be a mother.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I have worked with foster children and others under the care of Child Protective Services, and have seen way too many parents who shouldn't have custody of their children. I've worked with some with Fetal Alcohol Syndrome, and know someone who adopted two children from someone she knew who was drug addicted. One of the children has some tendencies that lead me to believe she may have been sexually abused, or at least has seen more than she should have at an early age. The other has no sweat glands in at least his upper body, and has to be watched carefully, so he doesn't overheat. He has to wear a vest lined with ice packs in the summer. People take drugs when they're pregnant, and don't even think about the consequences. Apparently it doesn't occur to them that they have a person growing inside of them that has specific needs, and drugs can switch things off and on in our bodies and minds that we don't even know about yet.

I see advertisements warning women about taking care of themselves health and nutrition wise, so they can be good mothers, but nothing geared towards boys and men. Babies get half of their DNA from the fathers, and drugs and alcohol affect them, as well as women. It's time for our society to wake up and stop the drug use and alcohol overuse and abuse.