The Younger Generations And Us?

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Feb 22, 2024.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

How do you get along with the younger generations? We both do and don't for different reasons. Many of those reasons are already stated in this forum. Of course, the generation of today is, in many ways, very different that the early Baby Boomer generation that wife and I are from (1948/1949).

One thing is for sure, we (many early Baby Boomers), can find a lot of faults with the younger generation as well as they can with us. Thing is, they think they know everything, however, we know we do. LOL

Thoughts?

2. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

3. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Well, apparently you can post about how the younger generation wants so many things, including Seniors selling their homes so they can buy them, but you think my post is useless?

So, you have absolutely no problems with today's generations? Well, I happen to know plenty of Seniors that do and some are right here on this forum.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Did I do another unnecessary thread again??? Well, not the first time and won't be the last. LOL

Now, wonder how many "Likes" I'll get for this post?

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

So, everyone in this forum thinks today's youths, basically the big city ones, are just fine? Absolutely nothing wrong with them and the way they complain about us?

6. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

If I heard someone complaining about me, I'd take it up with them, but I haven't. I'd blame everything negative about the younger generations on indoctrination from the public school systems and universities, and the good to those parents who were able to instill virtue in their children regardless.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2024
    Jenna Parnellson and Von Jones like this.
  7. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff

Young people look at the state of the nation today and wonder where the heck the Boomers were when their future was being destroyed. And the Boomers were the first generation of the 2 income household, while raising their kids got delegated.

I'd bitch, too.

8. Celia Jenkins

Celia Jenkins Well-Known Member
    Registered

People don't change much. You only have to study history to see that, and read the words of wisdom from ancient philosophers.
    What does change is the way children are brought up, and the effect this has on society. There is too much emphasis on the self these days. The main reason why there are so many with mental problems is people are encouraged to focus too much on themselves. In the past, people accepted their lot and got on with life. Now, everyone seems to feel they are entitled to certain things and feel victimised if they don't get it.

9. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

Many of us here do not live in big cities, @Cody Fousnaugh , and I don’t care if youth in big cities complain about the seniors living in big cities. I just focus on what is important in MY life, and do not worry about things people say that has no bearing on anything to do with me. You can worry and complain about it all you want, and that does not affect me , either.

Beth Gallagher and Mary Robi like this.
  10. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

Many of the young people I personally come in contact with are polite and call me sir. Then there is how some are depicted in the media, but they are outliers. There would be no interest in a regular kid.

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Where we lived before, a young lady, who'd be a granddaughter age, told me "I wish all of these old folks would just get out of my city."
    Note the two words she said to me, "my city"!

Jenna Parnellson likes this.
  12. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Wouldn't that be UNTIL a youth says something to you that is disgusting? Wouldn't that be until a youth flies around you on a freeway or street, because you're going to slow (for their liking)?

13. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

I'm 72 and I still think that a lot of people drive too slow for my liking.

Ed Wilson and Mary Robi like this.
  14. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Can depend on how slow. However, there seems to be quite a few Seniors on roads/freeways that shouldn't even be driving. My MIL was like that. Scared the heck out of wife and I. Rode with her once and that was it.

Jenna Parnellson likes this.