The Weather

Discussion in 'Not Sure Where it Goes' started by Babs Hunt, Oct 22, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I dropped my husband off at work for 9am this morning then decided I would go do a little grocery shopping and pick up some postal stamps at Albertson's before going home again.

When I left the weather was nice and sunny and no noticeable wind blowing either. I spent probably a little over a half hour in Albertson's and when I rolled my grocery cart out the door it almost as dark as night and the wind was blowing so strong it almost blew me and my cart across the parking lot. o_O Loose carts were rolling all over the parking lot and thank God I was parked right next to the cart holder because I had to park my cart in that holder so it wouldn't fly away while I packed my groceries and 3 cases of bottled water in the back seat of my car. There was only a slight drizzle with the rain but I had brought my raincoat because I knew we had a 90% chance of rain today.

Driving home smaller branches, etc. were flying off trees, etc. And now and then the wind would make my car shake. I kept waiting to see a tornado as the wind and rain increased. It was a scary ride home and when I made my last turn before home something struck the roof of my car with a loud and hard thunk! I don't know what it was or if it did any damage and I didn't have time to check it out when I pulled in our driveway. I just grabbed the bags that needed to come in right now (with perishables) left the rest in the car and hurried as fast as I could to get in our home.

The weather is getting really weird lately and I did not like that ride home at all.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Come to Fresno, we have the most boring consistent weather possible....for more than 300 days it's usually sunny and hot.

We get wind warnings if it's windier than 20 mph....usually there's no wind to speak of. That's probably why our Air sucks.

We're in a valley with no wind and hot weather and hardly any rain.

Babs Hunt likes this.
  3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The weather cleared enough to go out and check my car and whatever "thunked" the roof did not do any damage that I can see and I am thankful for that. It is just drizzling again now but the temperature has dropped at least 10 degrees. Glad I bought the extra things I need to make home made chicken vegetable soup tomorrow. It's going to taste really good with this drop in temperature. :)

I tell you what @Chrissy Cross if we ever make it to Oregon....we just might come visit you in Fresno...since we will be on that side of the map. :D

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt Looking at the national radar, the storm you had is heading toward us tonight.

The NOAA is predicting an La Nina, with above average temps and drier for the Southern states.

Works for me.

[​IMG]

Babs Hunt likes this.
  5. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered