The Usda Is Pushing A 2009 Registry Of Private Food Plots, Naming It People's Garden

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by John Brunner, Oct 23, 2022.

1. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

In 2009 the USDA launched a "People's Garden" initiative, encouraging folks to register school gardens, community gardens, urban farms, and small-scale agriculture projects in rural, suburban and urban areas. They are amping up the push to register.

The USDA says there are 5 types of gardens that quality for this project:
    • Food – indoor and outdoor gardens, “to increase access and consumption of fresh fruits and vegetables in urban and rural areas.”
    • Wildlife Habitat Areas designed to increase the number of animals and insects, namely pollinators such as bees.
    • Conservation – preservation of natural resources like soil, water, air, and so on.
    • Beautification – an objectively pretty garden, by “rethink[ing] the planting of seasonal annuals and instead design a space with native species of flowering plants to enhance the biodiversity of your community and build a healthier ecosystem.”
    • Education and Training – gardens can fall under on the previously mentioned 4, but solely created for teaching and internship.
    Many are rightly skeptical, citing the USDA's long history of subsidizing the production of foods that are not all that healthy for us, but that have strong lobbyists.

Here is an interesting article that's against it.

Denise Evans and Yvonne Smith like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

They must have all came from pods dropped off by the Mother-ship. They killed the people off on their planet, ate up all the natural resources and are going through the Universe devouring other planets. Far-fetched?? Oh probably, but same sort of mind-set :mad:

Mary Stetler likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

I have a penny mining stock in Alaska. Have had it for years. Depending on politics it has been jumping through hoops all that time. The EPA has again denied it the right to mine despite its meeting all requirements over the years and now 13 other states have joined it in its fight for survival.
    The government WILL get our gardens and our mines if the WEF wins through our own laws.:mad:

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I considered registering my yard as wildlife habitat because it would exempt me from the town's lawn-mowing ordinances.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.