The Rainbow Bridge

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Gary Ridenour, Sep 13, 2016.

1. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

Just this side of heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge.
    There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together.
    There is plenty of food, water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable.

All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.
    The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing; they each miss someone very special to them, who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. His bright eyes are intent; His eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to run from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster.

You have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together....

Author unknown...

[​IMG]

In loving memory

2. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

I had read about the Rainbow Bridge when I was in grief over the loss of our first dog. She was with us for 10 years and the kidney problem caught us flat-footed. After suffering for more than a week, we decided to put her to sleep. I think it took me a month before I was able to move on. Fortunately, we had one other dog that consoled me somehow. I remember waking up crying as if the world had ended. And then someone sent me an email of the Rainbow Bridge and it gave me a nice thought on my beloved dog.

3. Gary Ridenour

Registered

they are just like family. they bring joy in your life and sorrow when they leave.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Did you just lose your little dog, @Gary Ridenour ? I am hoping that you are just posting the Rainbow Bridge story; but I saw the little picture of the beautiful Pom, and wondered if it was your dog.
    If so, I am sending my heartfelt sympathy. I know how hard it is to lose one of our beloved little "furry people".
    We lost our Sheba Pom a few years back, and we still miss her a lot. Like my little Chipper, we had raised Sheba since she was a 5 week old puppy, and loved that little ball of fluff dearly. All 4 lbs of her.
    We never knew what happened to her, but think that either a coyote or a large hawk must have taken her. she was right outside the back door when she disappeared, and we never found a trace of fur or anything anywhere.
    When I think of Heaven, I always think of the beloved pets that have gone on, and hope that I will see them again in heaven.
    image.jpeg

5. Gary Ridenour

Registered

she went missing about 10 days ago and we've been frantic trying to find her. we made up flyers with this photo and today we found out. she died of heat stroke. someone found her in their driveway and took her to the nearest vet but she was DOA. she's not ours but my wife'a parents. he passed she's in a nursing home so we took her in. and really got attached. she was about 8 years old. her remains are still at the vet office so i go tomorrow to make the arrangements for cremation. a sad day for us both

6. Kitty Carmel

Kitty Carmel Veteran Member
    Registered

So sorry.

Losing a pet is so hard. I love my two cats but still think of when I had my last two.

7. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Gary Ridenour - so sorry to hear of your loss
    I absolutely believe the Rainbow Bridge exists and you will see your beloved again :)

8. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh dear Gary...so sorry to hear of your loss, and poor little girl dying of heat stroke..so sad!! :(

Yes, Rainbow Bridge is a big comfort to so many of us who have lost our best furry friends..

9. Gary Ridenour

Registered

BTY I found out Poms are expensive because they are bred to be show dogs. my IN laws paid about 375 for this one. pup Poms run around 500.

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yes, they can be expensive. We paid around $300 for our Sheba, too. They are so beautiful and fluffy when they are pups, and such smart little dogs. Sheba used to run to the door barking every time she heard a doorbell, and she did it even when the doorbell was on the television, and then would get such a puzzled look because no one was actually at the door.
    Whenever I hear one of those commercials with the ringing doorbell, I always think about our little Sheba Pom.
    image.jpeg

11. Gary Ridenour

Registered

so you lost yours to?? you really do miss them when their gone. my wife is still upset about this one. her name was precious

12. Yvonne Smith

Yes, we lost Sheba a few years back. I mentioned in in the earlier post. She went out the back door, and literally disappeared. She was only 4 lbs, so we think that either a coyote or hawk got her. We never found a trace. Called everywhere, put up ads, and on the radio. No trace anywhere.
    We hunted for days and days. It was heartbreaking. We had her from a tiny pup, and she and Chipper were like part of the family and slept with us every night.
    Thankfully, Chipper was inside, and we are now in a larger town where there is not the likelihood of coyotes, plus we have a fenced yard.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  13. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

It is always sad when a pet dies. They are furry family members that are so much a part of your lives. I miss my dog, but to be honest, the last year of his life he was so different and so demanding, that he just wasn't the same dog. I guess I missed the dog he was not what he had become. He wasn't happy, and I wasn't happy. Still, you hate to lose a member of the family. I am super close to the kitty, I don't know what would happen if he were to pass away, It would be heart breaking for sure. I am considering a new dog though. Once I figure out what I am going to be doing in the next six months I will decide.

14. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

Very sorry to hear of your beloved pets gone to Rainbow Bridge. Take care all.

Gary Ridenour and Patsy Faye like this.