The Problem I Have With Muslims

Discussion in 'Politics & Government' started by Lon Tanner, Jul 7, 2017.

1. Lon Tanner

Lon Tanner Well-Known Member
    Registered

Correct me if I am wrong but irrespective of the branch of Islam, be it Sunni, Shite or whatever how can they possibly assimilate if they feel that their religious laws supercedes local, state & federal laws?

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, that can be a problem. Christians too, are responsible to God's law above that of man, but Christians are told to obey secular law as long as it doesn't contradict God's law.

Martin Alonzo and Holly Saunders like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

From my present understanding, the two tribes you mentioned @Lon Tanner have been, from their very roots, a nomadic people. Going from one place to another, carrying whatever they have with them en masse isn't foreign at all to them and assimilation isn't at the apex of their agenda. Matter of fact, assimilation isn't even a miniscule part of their intent but rather wherever they settle down for however much time, it's as a "city" so to speak complete with their own laws, traditions, culture and their faith that works as the foundation for it all.

It's not so much a state of belligerence as most would see it but rather their tradition of being autonomous in whatever environment they are in, whether it's peaceful or one fraught danger. As long as their needs are being met they have no real concerns about the needs of other people or traditions. They become the real example of the elephant in the room. In this case, the room is filled with zebras and no matter how much the zebras kick or complain, the elephant is going to sit in the middle until it decides to move.

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have thought a lot about this problem that we have of trying to decide if most Muslims are peaceful, except for the terrorist ones, or is the whole religion being taught that they should either convert or kill us.
    When I was growing up, and pretty much all of the time until terrorists came along, there was no problems with Muslims living in this country, and maybe not with people traveling into a country that was predominantly Islamic.
    Now, we seem to have the same peaceful Muslims, who live here and don't cause any problems; but we also have the militant ones who kill and shout that they are doing it in the name of Allah.
    I think that it might be similar to what happened in Afghanistan with the Taliban. When Robin was in Afghanistan, she was able to see what went on locally. She said that the poverty was horrible, and people would just sit along side of the road, basically waiting to die. There was no work, no jobs that people could do to feed their families.
    The only way that they could earn money was to join the Taliban, which was life-threatening, but paid enough money to help feed the family. Since the choice was either to die from starvation, or from being killed fighting for the Taliban, either way they were apt to die, but at least if they were in the Taliban, they had the chance to live and take care of their families.
    It might be that some of the Islamic people are there more or less involuntarily, just trying to take care of their family, maybe even to the point of becoming a suicide bomber.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Veteran Member
    Registered

Interesting post @Yvonne Smith
    Its a subject I wrestle with mentally almost daily
    I don't like to tar everyone with the same brush and recently have seen evidence of peaceful and community spirited
    Muslims. Of course they exist.
    The major problem for me is seeing hordes of young men descending on countries, this does fill my heart with fear
    mainly because I don't understand the reasoning.
    Its a different world today and I do blame politicians for putting us in a vulnerable situation

Ina I. Wonder and Yvonne Smith like this.
  6. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

they're nothing but animals. rats, cockroaches. incest breed mongoloids. peaceful raghead?? no such thing

[​IMG]

disgusting/ what religion allow you to breed with family members?? half or more of these animals are inbred/

A never-spoken-about problem with Muslims is their inbreeding as a result of their long and deeply-ingrained practice of marrying first cousins, a practice that has been prohibited in the Judeo-Christian tradition.

http://redherald.com/half-worlds-muslims-inbred-due-generations-incest/

7. Gloria Mitchell

Gloria Mitchell Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

All people may have been created in His imagine...however it appears each has their on agenda .

Martin Alonzo likes this.
  8. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The thing that stops me from being permissive of these radicals is that here they are not starving, nor are we persecuting them. :confused:

Holly Saunders and Patsy Faye like this.
  9. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

So what does that say about British royalty?

Frank Sanoica and Bill Boggs like this.
  10. Gary Ridenour

Registered

we have our own problems here

DEARBORN, MICHIGAN

Holly Saunders likes this.
  11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Unbelievable - what's going on there - how did they arrive in the US ?
    @Gary Ridenour

12. Gary Ridenour

Registered

[​IMG]

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Oh ! Now, I understand a lot more

14. Gary Ridenour

Registered

he's a self professed Muslim. so our immigration door was kicked, by him wide open.

15. Kalvin Mitnic

Kalvin Mitnic Well-Known Member
    Registered

I think there are few Christians that would ignore or violate secular laws simply because they contradict their religious beliefs. Secular law supersedes any religions tenets.

16. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Where and when did he (Obama) profess to be a Muslim may I ask simply for my edification. Admittedly he has stated positive things about Islam. Admittedly he has stated there were Muslims in his family, and from my research I find he seems pro-Islam to a fault. But that a church going family is Muslim in part or whole I'm unconvinced to this point of time. Clips and excerpted remarks he made can be used to show his praise of Islam, but others too praise Islam and ignore Islam's warts without being Muslim.

Bill Boggs likes this.
  17. Bobby Cole

Registered

Okay sooooo, do please enlighten us as which secular laws supersede those of Judeo Christian belief systems?
    If we say that the civil laws deem abortion and homosexuality in the area of personal rights, the secular laws do not command each of us do those things. Not wishing to bake a cake for homosexual weddings is a personal conviction and not an en group religious law.
    The law of Moses is laid down for individuals for which there are no laws in the U.S. which contradicts any one of those edicts. And as for any other doubts, do please read Romans 13:1-3 and be doubly enlightened by what scripture has to say about the entire matter.

Just because there are some people out there who will break secular laws because of their personal thoughts regarding again, their PERSONAL convictions does not reverse or minimize the actual religious stance.
    ka

18. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

Religious beliefs, particularly those of Christians given their being the subject, have many laws or punishments that have been eroded and in some cases totally consigned to the rash heap. All were to follow Christian values and laws to the detriment of the secular world. Specific Civil law now allows for secular laws to take precedence. Free speech and free press and freedom from religion's 'laws'.
    Blasphemy though is still on the books in some locations. There ought to be a law against imposed religious laws.
    Laws today negate and supersede such Christian laws as:

http://biblebabble.curbjaw.com/laws.htm

Christian archaic laws include Blue laws Sunday closing laws.Blue laws were on the books almost everywhere, forbidding activities like playing baseball or changing wagon wheels on Sunday.
    Homosexuals MUST DIE!!!

The killing of homosexuals is condoned and encouraged in the wonderful laws of Leviticus. Leviticus 20:13 clearly states "If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." Well there you have it, Homosexuality is wrong, and they must pay the ultimate price... IN THE NAME OF GOD!!!

Who else shouldn't people do?

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't have a variety of crops on the same field. (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't wear clothes made of more than one fabric (Leviticus 19:19)

Don't cut your hair nor shave. (Leviticus 19:27)

Any person who curseth his mother or father, must be killed. (Leviticus 20:9) Have you ever done that?

If a man cheats on his wife, or vise versa, both the man and the woman must die. (Leviticus 20:10). I wonder if Dr. Laura would like that one to be enforced?

If a man sleeps with his father's wife... both him and his father's wife is to be put to death. (Leviticus 20:11)

If a man sleeps with his wife and her mother they are all to be burnt to death. (Leviticus 20:14)

If a man or woman has sex with an animal, both human and animal must be killed. (Leviticus 20:15-16). I guess you should kill the animal since they were willing participants. Are they crazy?

If a man has sex with a woman on her period, they are both to be "cut off from their people" (Leviticus 20:18)

Psychics, wizards, and so on are to be stoned to death. (Leviticus 20:27)

If a priest's daughter is a whore, she is to be burnt at the stake. (Leviticus 21:9)

People who have flat noses, or is blind or lame, cannot go to an altar of God (Leviticus 21:17-18)

Anyone who curses or blasphemes God, should be stoned to death by the community. (Leviticus 24:14-16)

Don't let cattle graze with other kinds of Cattle (Leviticus 19:19)

One must wonder why there are so many people wanting to site Leviticus for gay bashing, but they never mention these rules. How strange. It is common that a Christian will blow off these old rules with "Jesus came to change the laws, so these are outmoded, and we don't need them", but throughout Leviticus God states that these laws are to be followed forever. Hmmm.

Frank Sanoica and Bill Boggs like this.
  19. Bill Boggs

Bill Boggs Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I'm fan of the former president. Born in a museum country doesn't make him a museum. But if he is he's a fine man.

20. Bobby Cole

Registered

I do not blame you for going that direction but do please study a bit more to determine that which is the law of Moses as compared to cultural laws that were handed down for centuries before in the name of good breeding and diet.
    Even the idea of animal sacrifice was put aside because of the misunderstandings of reasonings and actual effects that were produced by humans expanding on an original edict. Past cultural edicts were mixed with the law right down to their dietary habits. A good orthodox Rabbi might be of assistance in order to sort things out.

Uh, the coming of Jesus did nothing to the law. ANY Christian who says he or she is no longer held accountable by the original 10 big ones is crazy.

Now, to get back to the Muslim thing in relation to Sharia law. On that, the orthodox Muslim will NOT back down on anything handed down by Muhammad no matter which country they decide to lay their heads on beds.

Gary Ridenour likes this.
  21. Patsy Faye

Registered

Leviticus - sounds like a Muslim ............................. :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  22. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

23. Bobby Cole

Registered

No, I think the one you are thinking about was a chariot driver in Ben Hur. Now, if it were Muhammad al leviticus it would be a sure bet its Muslim.

Patsy Faye likes this.
  24. Kalvin Mitnic

Registered

And by some similarly were it Barack Hussein Obama 11 :rolleyes:

Bobby Cole likes this.
  25. Gary Ridenour

Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.