The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak..I am alive and well .Pit , our tv less than two years old went out. The Mr does not want another yet..as mfg. is to fix this one. Two weeks at least.:( They pay shipping to send to them Worst tv we have ever owned Vizo. We can only get one channel ..an analog channel. Who knows.
    Hopefully he will change his mind.;)

2. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Sounds like they need to fix it, and then maybe you will get more than one channel, @Gloria Mitchell . We just use an antenna for ours, that Bobby put up a couple of years ago, and beyond that, he mostly watches Amazon movies on his iPad.
    It seems like a television which is that new should bring in all sorts of channels for you !

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Lolo..the tv is New...:)

Bobby Cole likes this.
  4. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

80 plus degrees today and sunny ! Bought some potting soil and some plants to try my hand at. Grilling some steaks .
    No Pit today.
    Oh my hubby chest ct scan came back clear. Another good piece of news
    I wish everyone get get good news.The fact that others do not get good news is always a Pit for me.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak.... we had beautiful sunny weather. We went to the garden centre to get sacks of Bird seed & peanuts, then we drove to a tiny hamlet just a mile from our house and had traditional lunch in the pub garden in the sun, the whole world seemed to have had the same idea.

....., then to the car wash on the retail park in the next town, and noticed a brand new Big Box Bargain store had just opened , apparently been there a week. but we didn't know, so we went in and got a trolley full of ''bargains''... which was not only the same brands as the others stores but at least a half price cheaper..

Until now if we wanted to shop at one of those stores we had to travel 3 towns away... so now I can be there in less than 15 minutes..

Also BIG Peak.. today I managed to drive without causing excruciating pain in my knee .. it's sore now and it may be more painful tomorrow that's often the case , but for the first time in months it wasn't painful today while I was out and about . I don't know if it's my physiotherapy that's helping ( I hope so)..or what, but although I still had to be careful that I was walking on completely flat ground, it was really the best it has felt for months!!

6. Ann Leonard

Ann Leonard Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

PEAK - Joined 5 friends in an Escape Room put on by the youth group of my church. It was fun, and challenging, and now I'm hooked! First time for all of us, but won't be the last.
    PIT - None today!

7. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

@Holly Saunders, did you ever find find if they can do a closed reduction on your kneecap? You physio person might know if it is possible in your case.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Holly Saunders

Registered

NO, because we're just going the physio route at the moment not talking about surgery yet....

Bobby Cole likes this.
  9. Mary Robi

Mary Robi Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak: I booked the movers for Friday.

Pit: The amount of stuff that still isn't in boxes.

The Black Hole of Calcutta: the fact that I have to unpack all that stuff in the new place.

I always said that the next time I moved, I'd just burn the house (and all the contents) down when I left. Annnnnd, here I am again...….

10. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

This is what we are currently doing...…..packing and more packing, sorting, tossing and visits to the Goodwill and Salvation Army with stuff. Our spare bedroom is full of moving boxes, as in Wardrobe boxes, picture boxes, etc. We have three Wardrobe boxes almost filled with clothes on hangers. Haven't got a single picture on any of our walls...….all packed up. Getting ready to start packing some dishes we won't be using until after we move.

I do quite a bit of the packing while my wife is at work.

Don Alaska likes this.
  11. Holly Saunders

Registered

How far are you going?

12. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Veteran Member
    Registered

Glad it's all working out, Mary. Please show us pictures of your boxes. :D

Bobby Cole and Yvonne Smith like this.
  13. Holly Saunders

Registered

Peak :.... Glorious warm sunny day.
    Had my weekly physiotherapy on my knee eased the pain enough for me to go gallivanting here and there..collecting the dry cleaning, and picking up the weekly groceries.
    Treated myself to a new red jacket .. and some other bits and bobs
    Daughter sent me a beautiful delicate ''mother & daughter'' bracelet.. totally out of the blue, such a surprise !!

Pit: My new Iphone X that I got at Christmas has packed up completely :mad: very annoying, I felt like I was cut off from everyone being unable to receive WhatsApps and texts and calls while I was out... Hubs will look at it when he gets home, if he can't fix it , it will have to be returned to Apple

Bobby Cole and Don Alaska like this.
  14. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Did you do the latest iOS that just came out this week ? I would not think that would stop it from working, either way, but might somehow be affecting it ?
    I have updated mine, and working fine, but it is an older model. However, Robin has the newest one, and i think that she has updated hers with no issues, too.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Registered

Hubby was restless, so got in truck and drove the back roads to ..um someplace..we got lost ...but finally found our way home. Another pretty day and sunshine. Cleaned carpet in one room..ugh the pits to do and looks fairly better.
    Have much to do before thesun goes down...ta ta;)