The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak peak and more peak today!
    Was a glorious sunny nice day, with patio door open.... doing my daily work and enjoying every minute. Really hate today to end, was just so nice all day:p

2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Bobby Cole and Hedi Mitchell like this.
  3. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Pit: Insomnia. Which doesn't happen a lot with me, but can't seem to fall asleep.
    No pressing problems that I'm aware of.

Peak: I'll get to watch the Sunrise and with the temps in the 50's ( finally ), should be pleasant on the deck.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit: Nothing to say of.
    Peak: Well, I got a very nice "thank you" from a lady yesterday, because of what I told her. We were getting our oil changed and having a little breakfast at the café in the dealership. The lady working the café was from Mexico and I complemented her about how good she spoke English. She said "thank you", went back to cooking on the small grill and then came back over to the counter and looked at wife and I almost in tears. She said to me, "I've been working here for two years and nobody has ever complimented me on my English". Seriously, the lady was almost in tears, with a smile. Wife and I said to her, as we left, "It's been a total pleasure speaking to you."
    Today, plan on going to a nice Sports Bar to watch the game and have Prime Rib Sandwich Dip. Was at same Sports Bar for the Steeler's game and had this........absolutely delicious!
    As for the game........may the best team win!

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit :...heavy snow here today...

Peak...I love how bright the snow makes everything, but I was pleased I didn't have to go out and drive in it..

6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: Managed to get a lot done today. Went out for lunch with hubs this afternoon.. and because it's almost the Scottish poet Rabbie Burns' birthday which is always celebrated with a meal of Haggis, neeps ( turnip or swede to the uninitiated) and tatties (mashed potatoes) in Scotland at a big burns night supper....I was delighted that the restaurant we went to today was serving it for lunch, so of course I had it being the good Scottish lassie that I am.. and it was delicious..but it's so full of carbs the whole plate was too much for me..

IMG_4576_zps6pwwtinl.jpg~original.jpeg

Then I went and had my hair cut..it's been needing done since I retired, I've just not had the inclination to go out and get it done..unlike when I was working.. so I'm very pleased to have it all looking nice again..

Then we did all the supermarket shopping, by then it was dark, and the rush hour traffic was really heavy so we went to the pub and had a coffee, while we waited for the traffic to die down a bit..

Pit :/// none except being unable to eat all my lunch...lol

Yvonne Smith and Chrissy Cross like this.
  7. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Very very windy today and cooler but the sun is out.Went out and did and errand or two. Peaky day so far. Only pit was at tbe bank.....no customers but yet the teller refused to deposit to very 2 small checks. He insisted I had to go around the corner of counter and do it myself at the Atm.
    I as like wth tha dickens for.....bad service to me:(

8. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit: Bought a couple of Fire Logs for our fireplace, but didn't realize just how much "pine" smell that each had, until we got home. Don't mind some "pine" smell, but these two logs RELLY had the smell. Even after putting the logs in three plastic grocery bags, could still smell the heavy "pine" smell. Will be taking them back to store and getting the kind we had before.........with no smell.
    Peak: Since Saturday is my wife's birthday, have to cancel the appointment I made to have two new tires put on our Durango. The tires on there should be ok until the following Saturday.
    Since this Saturday is my wife's birthday, it's her choice for breakfast "out" and will be enjoying a nice dinner "out" that evening. This year is her big 70th.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit: Gotta watch it, someone done a thread about "Pit" aka, bad news.
    Anyway, getting very tired of FB friends wondering why we want to move and why we keep talking about Colorado. One thing for sure, none of these friends have the same interests, concerning Colorado, that we do. Certain parts of Colorado are expensive, but just as expensive as other nice and safe areas of the U.S.. "Safe and Nice" are generally never cheap.

Peak: Getting ready for my wife's birthday on Saturday. Also, packing up some pictures on the continuing movement of moving out of Florida.

10. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Being retired, nothing else for me to do during the day! LOL
    Guess we just wish they'd understand, but like many folks here, they simply wonder why we'd want to leave Florida. I tell them, but to no avail.

12. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

I don't think anybody on here cares about your move...why should they?

Nobody would care if I moved somewhere.

I don't question why you're leaving Florida....that's the last state I'd want to live in.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  13. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I've seen a number of replies about where people have moved to and might like to move to. Guess some folks just have a very curious mind about "why do you want to move?"

Besides that, even my wife's sister is now asking "you sure you're not making a mistake?" I told her, whether it's Colorado or somewhere else, we are leaving Florida.

Funny, but all the people on the Colorado Relocation Forum I'm part of, totally understand why we want to move. So, something must be wrong with our FB friends.

Anyway, this thread is about "Pit" and "Peak" of your day. That is my "Pit"........having folks not understand.

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Peak for today is just having my Honey not working today and both of us enjoying the sun shining all around us.

15. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Two peaks for yesterday...having my youngest daughter and youngest grandkids come for a surprise visit with us yesterday. My daughter called me right before they got here and told me my granddaughter asked her if they could come and visit with Granny and Papaw for awhile. Of course we said yes! :)

I took these two.
    IMG_0734.JPG
    IMG_0736.JPG
    And then much to my surprise our granddaughter asked if she could take our picture. She took her Mom's cell phone and snapped this one of us all by herself. :)
    27394792_10154959971591207_962312706_n.jpg
    Maybe we have another budding photographer in our family. :)

The other Peak was my Honey got a raise at work and it was in the paycheck I deposited yesterday. :)

OMG! I almost forgot there was a 3rd Peak yesterday. My Honey brought me home roses. :)
    IMG_0739.JPG

Last edited: Jan 27, 2018