The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Congratulations Gloria! And also on your other good news too. :)

Sorry about your husband's expensive tooth.

Hedi Mitchell likes this.
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit......it's darn COLD outside, for Florida, anyway. Another Pit.......getting very tired of hearing that the Jacksonville Jags will beat the Patriots on Sunday. One Jag player did say "we have to get by the Patriots before getting to the Super Bowl". All I could think was "thanks dude for setting the record straight".

Peak.....alive, walking and my wife REALLY loves me

3. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

The Jags do have a really good chance of getting pass the Patriots on Sunday Cody....and since my husband lived most of his life in JAX we are hoping the Jags do win.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

There are Patriot fans that live in in Jax, not many, but I've seen the Pats logo here a number of times.

If, might big "if" the Pats fans say, the Jags do get by the Pats, seriously doubt they will get by the Eagles. Jags are good, but not as good as the Eagles. But, they could get lucky.

5. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

The peak... I got so much done today, things I've been unable to do for weeks due to the shoulders problem... but today for some reason my shoulders didn't hurt so much, so.... after I washed up this morning I hoovered through the house...(hubs usually does the vacc'ing lately cuz it hurts me too much)... then I loaded up 2 heavy black sacks that have been waiting for a week to go to the Charity shop including a big bag of nearly new hardback books.

Drove 2 towns away so I could park right outside a charity shop rather than have to walk from a car park with the heavy bags.. and dropped them off, they were delighted, because everything was almost new..

Then did a big grocery shop... in 2 separate supermarkets..... . Stopped and had a coffee at a coffee house, and sat down outside to people watch for a little bit and make a couple of phone calls, but it started to rain so I just took the coffee back to the car, and came home....got all the shopping put away..and that was more exhausting than doing the shopping lol.... oooh and also I bought myself a cute cable pure wool crop sweater in Emerald Green... really nice with little pockets..

Sorry to go on so long but I've not been able to do that much in one day alone for months... so it's been a real peak!!:D

Pit : None so far.....

Last edited: Jan 18, 2018
  6. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Peak: We're at 33° ! Snow finally melting. O JOY...
    Pit: Kitchen floor needs a good mopping with the melting, but I know how to use that
    thing, with that thing on one end.:rolleyes:

7. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Pit and Peak: Going to have to either completely quit this forum or slow down a whole lot. My last Thread, about my wife, tells me things. My wife even told me, "Don't know why these ladies don't understand what you are talking about, I certainly do. It's was nice that man does, but they just don't want to listen to him either. Honey, it's time to either quit or slow down a lot in using the forum." I have to agree with her.

I call this both "Pit" and "Peak" because I would miss everyone if I totally quit, but on the other side of the coin, I feel that I'm really not liked that well. In-between a few threads I've done that didn't go over very well and that my years in rodeo are not liked. I've said this before, and will say it again.........my personality just isn't liked that much at all here. My wife loves my sarcastic humor, but I've seen, too many times, where many here haven't.

So..........

8. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Cody Fousnaugh - That's forum life Cody, but I find people here are 'reasonable'
    Its wonderful to see a man who states he is proud of his wife, really like that
    She 'is' unique to you - but there are many unique ladies out there past and present, also unique to someone :)

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Ok, had to reply to your post. She is "unique" to me, but she is also to those strangers we have talked to that don't know any ladies that shoot, boat, fish or whatever. The ladies we have shown her photo to get so surprised that she has her own handgun. Seriously, they get pretty surprised.
    We simply can't help how strangers see her and the nice comments they make.
    I just don't how else to explain the "unique" word, let alone the "manly" word. Funny, that both of us (wife and I) totally understand what I'm talking about, but others don't.

10. Patsy Faye

Registered

Usually unique people will get comments from others, they are noticed for their qualities

11. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

I forgot to mention this in the above post.........why is it that Bobby pretty much understood what I was talking about, but others didn't or refuse to? I had to commend Bobby on his understanding and post.

12. Patsy Faye

Registered

I don't have a problem with your post and I understand you are proud of your wife, doesn't mean there are 'not'
    other men proud, or other women that deserve praise

13. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Wow @Holly Saunders I'm excited for you too! What a great and productive day you had yesterday. I'm so happy for you and I'm praying you have many more days like this. :)

Holly Saunders likes this.
  14. Holly Saunders

Registered

oooh thankyou @Babs Hunt , that's very kind, and I thank you for your prayers they are really appreciated more than you know.. :)

Peak: Today I think Babs prayers are working on me, because I've just spent 3 hours cleaning out my kitchen cupboards...tossing loads of stuff, scrubbing every available space...inside and out...there's still the cupboards on the other side of the kitchen to be cleared out, but I had to stop because my back was getting ready to spasm, but I'm chuffed that after a busy day yesterday physically, I'm usually floored the next day... but not this time..wooohoo..:D. . I still have a few medical problems that are not physical that hopefully will be getting treated before too long , but one small step for mankind, etc..lol

Pit:.... Apart from my sore back... none so far...

Babs Hunt and Yvonne Smith like this.
  15. Holly Saunders

Registered

Cody...don't be silly now... we would miss you if you weren't here.

I don't want to keep flogging a dead horse, but this one last time.

We understand your wife is ''unique'' to you and the people who live near you, because perhaps that's not the type of activities they are used to seeing women get involved in... what you're not understanding what we're saying is, that in the greater world, your wife is NOT unique, because there are millions of women out here who can do the same as your wife, and more.

be proud of your wife by all means , but just remember so many more women can do the same, and we don't feel that we are any way special. ...just in the same way I wouldn't think my husband was unique if he did the washing or the cooking or changed the beds, or went dancing, ... many men do it..I'd be happy he did it but I wouldn't think he was Unique..in any way...

Last edited: Jan 19, 2018