The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Holly Saunders, Oct 26, 2017.

1. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

The pit of the days after the eclipse gloomy, cold, windy and rainy.
    The peak of those days after the eclipse moments of sunshine.

2. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Last night's peak: I didn't feel like cooking, so I went to Taco Bell and grabbed dinner. The meal cost $8.50, and there was a $5 bill laying on the floor with no other customers in the place.

Last night's pit: I ate Taco Bell for dinner.

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Truth be known: The peak of most days is a good Clean Out.....great to live with a cleaned out colin.....and the pit is living with chronic stiffness and joint issues...

Oh on the Taco Bell I was able to get some recently and not the good ole Taco Bell I had yrs ago...

4. John Brunner

Taco Bell was one of those places I had never eaten at. Then a couple of years ago I felt like something late at night and they were the only ones open. I've probably eaten there a half dozen times since. It's actually a good deal, for what it is.

Tony Page and Don Alaska like this.
  5. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

We really miss the Taco Salad they had years ago. Taco Bell definitely isn't our favorite Mexican food, but, sometimes "something is better than nothing".

And, as for your chronic stiffness and joint issues, this is why I have a monthly prescription, from VA Clinic, for 50 mg Tramadol, that I take one in the AM every-other day.
    I will take a Tramadol first, than, 20 minutes later, take one Tylenol 8 HR for Arthritis Pain. Combined, they stop any pain I have in muscles/joints for most of the day.
    On the days I don't take the Tramadol, I will take one Tylenol Extra Strength. Of course, Tramadol is a narcotic, but the milligram is only 50 which is the lowest mg there is. I've had osteoarthritis set into both shoulders after I had rotator cuff surgery in each shoulder.
    I also use CBD Gummies and Salve for the pain, but obviously nothing works like Tramadol.

6. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

7. Mary Stetler

Registered

I like finding money for dessert.
    I made a HUGE taco salad for dinner for a party tonite. I think it cost more than $8.50 but it should serve 8.:rolleyes:

8. John Brunner

There was a chain of 3 or 4 New Mexico style restaurants in northern Virginia named Anita's. If you at there frequently, you often crossed paths with Anita as she went from one location to the other, keeping people in line. They have the best taco salad, served in a fried burrito bowl. I've not had one in a while...it makes a pleasant change.

Did you make a dressing for it, or are people using salsa?

9. Mary Stetler

Registered

I season the beef and add diced (canned tomatoes with juice) mix diced onions into a heck of a lot of sour creme, then lettuce, very sharp cheese, black olives...I have salsa if anyone wants it. But mostly we scoop it with chips so it is messy enough already. I have ripe avocados too, if you like.:rolleyes:

10. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

I actually like Taco Bell. I miss a couple of the old menu items but it is always consistent. It was one of the kids' favorite places back in the day, and I could feed them all for under $20. :D

A local chain called Taco Cabana has those salads in the fried shell; they are really good with fajita meat.

11. Jacob Petersheim

Jacob Petersheim Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

The Pit And The Peak Of Your Day

No comment.

12. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I'm not a big fan of tacos or Mexican food for that matter, however a few years ago they built Arby's and in the same building they had a Taco Johns.
    After a few months Taco Johns put a taco hamburger on the menu. In my opinion it was the best tasting fast food hamburger ever. Taco Johns closed a couple of years ago and I still miss that hamburger.

13. John Brunner

Peak: I got letters from AAA, my bank, and Allstate all telling me that I qualify for their life insurance!!!

Pit: I realized that everyone qualifies for their life insurance.

14. Nancy Hart

Nancy Hart Supreme Member
    Registered

Peak: Finally hauled off 4 broken items that have been sitting for years: CRT TV, CRT monitor, printer, UPS battery backup. At least 3 must go to a special drop off center with very limited hours.

Pit: Received a bill from a testing lab for excess charges, beyond what Medicare and insurance will pay. First time this has happened in 13 years. I'm going to ignore it and see what happens.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2024
    Mary Stetler and Tony Page like this.
  15. Von Jones

Von Jones Supreme Member
    Registered

Pit of the day was how gloomy it was until just now.

Peak of the day my son and I went to the flea market despite the gloominess where I found a much needed 50 foot garden hose for $2 to replace the shrinking one that didn't last a year. It was the third one I purchased; never again.