The Movie To Watch

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Corie Henson, Jul 1, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We are going to the movies tomorrow night to watch Terminator. First reason, it is because of Arnold Schwarzenegger. Second reason, most of Schwarzenegger's movies have great stories. Third reason, we have a free complementary movie ticket for 2. Great, isn't it?

The next movies we are awaiting are Star Wars and that battle between Superman and Batman.

Diane Lane and Joe Riley like this.
  2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I too am waiting for the new Star Wars Movie. I get the feeling that this is going to be a mega hit of the holiday season. There is no doubt with all the hype surrounding it that it will be a blockbuster. I am looking forward to seeing where they take the story. The trailer only teased us into what the story will be about, I can't wait to see the original cast and where the characters are after all these years.

3. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

They have made the superman/batman movie already? What's it called? I HAVE to see it. Now you just made me so happy!

Corie Henson likes this.
  4. Corie Henson

Registered

I have seen the trailer of that Batman versus Superman movie several times. From the trailer, it looks like Superman had another depression and that he seemed to have gone insane. Batman would save the world from the destructive Superman. I think the title is Superman Versus Batman, slated to be shown early next year.

5. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Supreme Member
    Registered

I am also a fan of the Termanator it will be a good movie to see after all of these years. The art and graphics have improved so much since the first movie. Enjoy.

6. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Action movies are a great escape!
    [​IMG]

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Carlota Clemens

Carlota Clemens Veteran Member
    Registered

I wouldn't watch an Arnold Schwarzenegger even if free or on TV, who would believe this when I was a great fan of him and had all of his movies on VHS!

Reason why I don't longer like this guy is the face he showed off while being governor for California and all those stupidities he said about Mexico, a country in which he was commonly received with honors, more than if he were a real king, not to mention a country where some of his movies were filmed.

But to make his bad karma (to me) worst, when he was kicked off from both, US government and the Kennedy house, he regret of all what he said not just about Mexico but other countries and... married? to a Central American woman, not sure if from Panama or Guatemala.

To be honest ,did not pay attention to whatever he said about his new partner and supposed repentance.

However what I can say is that I will be watching "Hair Spray" next week. I love John Travolta in this movie as much as I love the well-crafted 1960s ambiance that takes me back to my childhood days :)

8. Corie Henson

Registered

@Carlota Clemens, I understand your stand against the former California governor. And I respect your opinion on that. But speaking of movies, there is a thin line that separates the actor as a person from the role he plays. That's how I view movies in general. Over here, there are also scandals and not so good attitudes and behavior of actors and actresses but they still sell because the movie-going public is after the performance and not the life of those actors.

We have this very popular actress named Nora Aunor, a rags to riches story. She became popular with her golden voice and also popular when she joined the movies. But she has been an alcoholic and rumors say that she uses drugs. But amid that, her movies are still being patronized.

9. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

It hasn't been released already, or else I would be going insane posting about it in all the forum boards, haha. I really cannot contain my excitement for it. I lose it over everything that has Batman, as he is my favorite superhero. It also seems that I will get twice the enjoyment, because, from the trailer, it looks like Superman is going to take quite a beating, and I absolutely loathe Superman.

Jennifer Graves likes this.
  10. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I want to see San Andreas. I just watched Pearl Harbor again, on the 4th of July. I watch that about once every year or two. I will probably watch the new Terminator movie, too. I watched a movie the other night that I didn't care for, although it had a great ending. I watched with a friend, otherwise I probably would have shut it off and missed the ending. It was called Remember Me, and I actually paid for it, and streamed it via Amazon. I dislike paying for movies that I don't end up liking, but I guess it was o.k., since the ending was decent.

11. Helene Lawson

Helene Lawson Veteran Member
    Registered

I will probably watch Terminator Genysis too, but on the Internet at home. :D
    I prefer staying at home and watching it in the evening with some tasty prepared food of my own.
    Tell us about how did you like the film. :)

12. Jennifer Graves

Jennifer Graves Veteran Member
    Registered

Superman is kind of a momma's boy. he's whiny and childish, at times. batman is dark, mysterious, cynical, calloused, and a lot more realistic and less annoying.

13. Corie Henson

Registered

We watched the Terminator - Genisys last night. Guess what, there were only 4 of us in the theater, hahahaaa. But in fairness to the movie, it has a good story and a good script. However, the action scenes are so excessive that you don't get to be thrilled anymore albeit it becomes dragging because I was hoping for those scenes to end because I already anticipated what would happen. And I was always right in my expectations. I say excessive action scenes because some of those destructions were not that relevant and the production could have saved money if those scenes were not shot.

14. Corie Henson

Registered

On Sunday, we are scheduled to watch Minions upon the request of my niece and nephew. They want to watch it with me because they know I would let them buy whatever they want especially the snacks inside the movie house. I remember when we watched Boo, the animation about an alien, my niece bought a large popcorn and a large soda. Not content, she also bought a plate of nacho with chili. And guess what, she's not done yet because in the middle of the movie, she got out and purchased a hot dog. She's not that hungry, hahahaaa.

15. John Donovan

John Donovan Veteran Member
    Registered

I don't really know how much of a "momma's boy" Superman is, as I've never quite liked the style of the work including him (his comics, movies or animated series), I just hate his design and how overpowered he is. And I hate that he struggles against enemies, even with all those superpowers. Meanwhile, Batman kicks ass, and he only needs money and his ninja training.