The Movie Flyboys

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Babs Hunt, Apr 23, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Flyboys is a 2006 British-American war drama film based on a true story set during World War I. Themes of friendship, racial prejudice, revenge and love are also explored in the film.

The film follows the enlistment, training, and combat experiences of a group of young Americans who volunteer to become fighter pilots in the Lafayette Escadrille, the 124th air squadron formed by the French in 1916. The squadron consisted of five French officers and 38 American volunteers who wanted to fly and fight in World War I before the United States' entry into the war in 1917.The film ends with an epilogue that relates the fate of each American pilot to the real-life Lafayette Escadrille pilot upon whom his character was based.

I just finished watching this movie a short time ago and I really enjoyed it.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2016
    K E Gordon and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

I saw it it was a good war drama. also like the Blue Max (1966) with Geo Peppard

3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

It sounds like a really good movie. I will look for it. I like movies that were orginally true stories. History is interesting in the first place, and when it is set against the backdrop of war, it makes the drama even a bit more interesting. So, it is one of the things that you might be able to watch and get a sense of the conflict.

4. Gary Ridenour

Gary Ridenour Veteran Member
    Registered

its not combat in the sky's but SGT York is a classic. and a true story