The Importance Of Movie Cast

Discussion in 'Movies' started by Corie Henson, Sep 9, 2015.

1. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

We watched a local movie last week with the title The Love Affair. According to the review, the movie is a blockbuster and I belived it because it was on the second week of showing when we watched it. But the story of the movie is common, not corny but not exciting, no thrill, nothing. A couple had a misunderstanding and here comes a young woman so you already expect what happens next. And then the couple reconciles and the young woman is left with nothing. End of the story.

Who's going to watch that kind of movie? Answer - those moviegoers who are fans of the couple - Dawn Zulueta and Richard Gomez. They used to be sweethearts and their fans of long ago remained loyal to them now that they are middle aged already.

So there, it is the cast that makes a movie great... over here.

Diane Lane likes this.
  2. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Yes, I have to agree that casting the right individual can make or break a movie. It can also make or break a TV program. I have seen some very despicable characters on TV and yet viewers absolutely love the person. My thought is that it has more to do with the actor then the character themselves. It's like the character could do anything and there would be a group of people giving them a free pass all because they like the actor. So, I know exactly what you mean, it does come down to who is playing the part.

Diane Lane likes this.
  3. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

I agree. I was waiting anxiously for one particular movie to be made, looking forward to seeing who was selected to play certain parts. For the most part, the actors were spot on, but there was one that I found disappointing. He was a good actor, and was nice looking, but wasn't as described in the books, where women would practically faint at a touch of his hand, etc., so I was a little underwhelmed, but of course I still love the movie and want to see the sequels when they're made.