The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Sounds like my day yesterday with AT&T Uverse @Terry Page.

I'm still not sure it's resolved because my TV is still working :(

Terry Page likes this.
  2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Good morning. It's almost 2:30 in the morning here and I am going to bed now.

3. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin' all..

wednesday monkey.jpeg

It's warm but overcast here.... nothing much planned for today. Hubs is going to be working from home today, so he's in the office.., and then later he's gonna be using the new pressure washer to clean the paths. ... what an exciting day... o_O:D

4. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

327951-Inspiring-Butterfly-Good-Morning-Quote.jpg

If anyone has wondered where I've been...I've been busy living life and learning to step out of my comfort zone. :)

I drove my Honey to Arlington, Texas to visit with his daughter and son-in-law who had moved there from Utah. It had been 3 years since we had seen them and even though driving there was a big step out of my comfort zone I did it so my husband could see his child. I see my children all the time and I just can't imagine not seeing anyone of them for 3 years. So I prayed for courage to drive my husband to see his child...and God gave it to me.

I also joined a Health Club and am busy changing this 'Saggy, Baggy, Elephant' old body of mine into a strong, toned, and fit one. I carried my almost 2 year old grandson for his Moma a few times since she is getting ready to have our new grandson in October...and I realized I have lost almost all my upper body strength, plus I felt winded after only a short walk carrying him around. I can't do anything about getting older...but I can do lots about being in better shape physically. So I took myself down to the Health Club down the Street from me and signed up for membership. It's free and it's past time I walked in that door and begin the journey to better physical health.

I've been spending time reflecting on my life and what I want from this season of it. As @Chrissy Cross posted my days as a nurturer and helper for all my kids and grandkids are not front and center in my life all the time now. It's my turn to nurture myself and my spouse for now I am finding I have much more freedom and time to do this. So my Honey is thinking about things he would like to do now too. Things we can do together like a few more trips. Next month I'm planning on driving us to Florida and from there hopefully up to Georgia to visit with my siblings. Driving with my Honey next to me Jesus to take the wheel if I get to anxious worked just fine going to Arlington and back home again...and I am believing it will work fine for anymore trips we want to take.

A very important thing I've been doing for my sister who has Primary Progressive Aphasia is playing the Word Game with her through Facebook. She is losing her speech and her word knowledge but she plays the Word game just fine and playing it with her is hopefully helping her to hold on to as many words as possible...and lets us spend time together too...even though we live in two different states. :)

I hope all of you have been doing well. And I hope everyone has a blessed day.

Oh yes I almost forgot @Yvonne Smith Dole products came out with a Refreshing Greens frozen smoothie mix. So now I can have my fruit and green veggie smoothies. :)

5. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Babs Hunt likes this.
  6. Holly Saunders

Holly Saunders Supreme Member
    Registered

Well I'm very pleased you managed to do your long drive @Babs Hunt , because I remember recently you saying you didn't think you'd ever be able to drive any long distances again..so that's great news...

So sorry to hear about your sister, but you're such a close family, I get the feeling you'll all be there for her.

believe it or not just last night, I was going to send you a PM as king if you were ok, and then I remembered that you said you might not be on as much since your family moved closer to you... good to see you...

Babs Hunt likes this.
  7. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Good afternoon everyone!

[​IMG]

8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I am glad to see you back again, too, @Babs Hunt , and it is great that you and your husband were able to travel and do the vacation trip to see his family.

Babs Hunt and Chrissy Cross like this.
  9. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

Hi @Holly Saunders! :) I'm doing well and hope you are too. Life is busy with my Family but the Grandkids just started back to School or Mother's Day Out programs so until the new little one gets here in October things are slowing down for awhile...and that's good for now.

I didn't think I could drive on trips anymore either, but how can a person not at least try when their spouse hasn't seen his child in 3 years and I see mine all the time? I prayed for courage and peace to do it, and when I felt God gave these things to me I told my Honey I was taking him to see his daughter. He was totally surprised and until the day we left I could tell he kept thinking I was going to back out of it. But I didn't and we had a good time and now I have more confidence that I can do some more trips too. :)

10. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

I read your topic on finding a new Church @Chrissy Cross and I just wanted to say if you are looking for more of a social club...the bigger Churches usually have more to offer in that area. :) The Church I used to be a member of has turned into a big social and worship place and my daughters and the grandkids still go there because there is so much "entertainment" to be had by all. I will go sometimes and sit in the Coffee Lounge with my daughters where you can socialize and hear and see everything that is happening in the Sanctuary on the big screen they have there. :)

11. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

It's good to be here @Yvonne Smith. :) My chokes you gave me are taller than me now...can't hardly wait for the flowers. We are already getting Hummingbirds here. Y'all have any over there yet? :)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Thanks @Babs Hunt ..that kind of sounds like the church I checked out 10 yrs ago...will give it another go. :)

13. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Really glad you are back, @Babs Hunt. I hope your life is bright!

Babs Hunt likes this.
  14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

50 F. and rainy this morning. The leaves are starting to change, and my wife is worried we may have to cover sensitive things in the garden tonight. I don't think it will get that cold, although it may get into the upper 30s if it clears off. We also had a small earthquake tis morning--a 4.4 Richter, but no damage as far as I know. Little ones happen all the time here. Hopefully our beans and such will mature fast enough to harvest before frost.

15. Maryt Hope

Maryt Hope Veteran Member
    Registered

Good morning !

[​IMG]

Terry Page and Holly Saunders like this.