The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll say ! Very interesting man - so very talented !
    [​IMG]

2. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

old-age-retirement-old_.jpg

Good Morning! :)

It's in the 60's this morning here in Cajun Country but the Weather person says it will get down in the 30's tonight....just in time for me to wear a pair of my new winter pajamas I bought yesterday with some gift cards I received for Christmas. I'm going to return two pairs today because I didn't realize the pants had ankle cuffs when I picked them out and I don't do ankle cuffs anymore. I like my pj's soft, loose, and comfy. :)

I'm been experiencing some strange health problems lately so I have made an appointment for Jan. 4th with my Primary Care Physician. It seems every year since I hit my 60th Birthday something new comes up in my health and since I'll be turning 66 in February it's no surprise to me that new problems are cropping up right now. I tried just ignoring these things, but they are refusing to be ignored and causing alot of aggravation...so it's time to find out what is going on now. :rolleyes: This growing old thing is not for sissies for sure! ;)

This day no matter what you may be going through is still a good day! I hope all of you enjoy this good day the best you can. :)

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  3. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Babs Hunt - love that cartoon ! :p
    You're right about health problems sprouting up :( I never thought for one minute it could be the way its
    turned out - what a shocker !

Babs Hunt and Bobby Cole like this.
  4. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

It is morning and I must say, a verrrrry good one indeed. Yes, my wife and I discovered to our mutual surprise that our Social Security has already been posted (pending) in our bank accounts and between us we got a $3.00 raise!
    Imagine the delight we are feeling at this very moment while trying to figure out how we will use such a windfall.
    Perhaps put it into a good interest bearing IRA account or even invest it in some frivolous real estate venture.
    There is no telling what we will do for our minds work together on some things and apart on others so the waiting begins to find out how happy we will be upon coming to a good conclusion over our new money.

Although our raise is absolutely the highlight of the day, I must say that I am a tad jealous over how much of a raise our present resident in the White House wants for his retirement pension. Something in the neighborhood of 30% I believe.........
    Now, to think of things the way I do, one has to add up how much my wife and I have cost the American Citizens versus how much Obama has in the last 8 years. It would seem that if things were done correctly, it would be he who actually owes the good citizens while my wife and I should garner the 30% just for putting up with him.

Oh well......maybe my wife and I should put our $3.00 on a down payment for a cruise around the world. Shouldn't take us more than uh.......40 years to pay it off and go sailing!

Time for another cup of coffee .........

5. Patsy Faye

Registered

6. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

My Honey and I will use ours to buy scratch off tickets or a lotto ticket. :p

7. Terry Page

Terry Page Supreme Member
    Registered

Good morning to you all, it's 6:00am and all is quiet and dark it's just on freezing point again and 2016 is almost spent, I wonder what 2017 will bring, hopefully a better year for most of us.

Lots of tidying up to do here I see and some paperwork, I think I will also cook a veggie chilli for dinner.

Lisa arrives at her daughter Katya's this evening and I will be joining her in the new year, to help look after the grandchildren while their parents go on a short break to Serbia.

Have a great Friday...

[​IMG]

Babs Hunt, Ike Willis and Patsy Faye like this.
  8. Patsy Faye

Registered

Ike will like that picture - right up his street :p
    Good morning Terry, hope you're back to normal now :D

@Terry Page

Ike Willis and Terry Page like this.
  9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

You're right. Great photo Terry.:)

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

So, here it is, one more day to go for this miserable year to be over. Tell ya wut, I had better years. Like the year 1945. Half of it was great. My dad come home from WW2. The last half kinda sucked. I had to start school.
    Anyway, the older I get, the less I fear whatever is ahead. One thing sure. The next 4 years should be interesting.
    Happy Friday y'all.:)

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Ike Willis - yep a lot of better years if we look back, my favourite was 69 where I'm stuck ! :p

upload_2016-12-30_12-30-59.jpeg Ha ha - that was me, all original parts :p
    Good morning everyone Xx :)

12. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

depends-pool-cartoon-by-Reynolds.jpg
    Good Morning! :) Hope everyone wakes up with a smile on their face and joy in their hearts this morning. The old year is almost over and I pray that the New Year will bless us all with new beginnings, better health, and the desires of our hearts. Wherever you are and whatever you're doing today...may you go to sleep at the end of this day with a big smile on your face at the joy this day brings you! :D

13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

A cardboard cut-out of John Kerry would do a better job!
    [​IMG]

14. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Supreme Member
    Registered

New Year prayer.jpg

:) A Blessed 2017 To One and All.

Last edited: Dec 30, 2016
  15. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Mornin Ike:) We have 35 again here today.

I'm so with you on the "getting older" and having less fear of whatever is ahead. I do have faith that Donald Trump is going to lead us in a positive direction. I had to laugh when I heard someone "elsewhere" say that "he's going to get us all killed". Evidently they have no fear of obummer being friendly (more than) with terrorists.

Anyway, I try to stay off the political, but can't, and honestly don't want to. I'm so happy we've dodged a bullet by keeping hillary out, and can't wait to throw some rotten tomatos at the obamas as the get the hell out of our Whitehouse!!

But besides all that, good mornin, LOL!! denise