The Good Morning Thread

Discussion in 'Happy Talk' started by Diane Lane, Apr 20, 2015.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

Good Morning, Y'all. Haha @Patsy I had my nightgown on inside out and backwards the other day.

I saw a story about that @Ike...apparently the rules don't apply to her bus. Maybe she's been watching RV?

I'm cooling down. Was out weed eating the ditch and front yard, and thank God that's over for now. I wasn't going to do the front yard, but i figured I'd just knock it out now and save myself another load of pain next time. It usually takes me about 2-3 days to recuperate.

The dog went after the cats again this morning. It also went after someone's dog as he was walking it. The guy was pissed off, and was kicking at the dog. Meanwhile, the 21-year-old idiot owner snoozed away in the house, along with his incompetent mother. She's been out and about, and is home now, so is the guy, both awake, yet the dog's running loose. I saw it under their house, so obviously it can get out from wherever it's supposedly kept enclosed. A friend told me to put cayenne pepper at the fence where it was trying to get through. I don't know if that would harm the dog, but there isn't one particular area it tries to get through, that section was just the one night as far as I know. Sorry to be going on and on about it, but if I don't get it out, I'll lose my mind. I'm not going to even bring it up with her until I calm down, and I'm not sure when that will be, if ever.

So anyway, the front's all done, yay. I'll take another bath in a bit and get all cleaned up, but I have to cool down and rehydrate for now. This week's going by pretty quickly. Hope y'all are enjoying it.

2. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Feel for you @Diane Lane. Wish I could tell you something that would solve your problem but I have nothing.

Stress I'm sure is not good for your Fibromyalgia.

I'm not exactly sure of your living arrangement. Are you a renter? Is it your house? Is the yardwork your job if you are a renter?

Not being nosey just trying to figure it out.

Denise Evans and Diane Lane like this.
  3. Diane Lane

Registered

Hi @Chrissy Page Yes, I'm a renter, and unfortunately, the yard work is my responsibility. When I first moved in, I could afford a yard crew, so it wasn't an issue. I wish I'd invested in a mower back then, rather than paying the crew, because that would be helpful now. I didn't realize my situation would deteriorate, though, so I handled it the way I did. You're right, the stress (and overextending myself, especially in the heat) is not good for the Fibro, but it is what it is. Fingers crossed that I'll win the lottery soon :p. The yard should be less of an issue once the weather cools down. It's not as bad as it was, because some of the weeds have finally died. If the neighbor hadn't taken out a portion of the side fence between our yards, his stepson's dog couldn't get in, but I don't have the money to replace it, he obviously isn't going to, and the landlady here isn't going to do anything. If I'm ever able, I'll see about getting a piece of fence to block that section off, so at least the cats can be safe in the yard again. I thought they were safe in the back yard, but with those dogs breaking through the fence, the cats aren't safe there. I've had some problem neighbors in the past, but these ones take the cake.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  4. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Hello Diane - hope things change for the better for you 'soon' x

Diane Lane likes this.
  5. Diane Lane

Registered

Hi @Patsy Faye, thanks. I'm used to dealing with people who take responsibility for themselves, their actions, the actions of their children/charges/pets, etc., so I'm having a hard time with these lowlifes. I smiled when I read 'pinafore', it sounded so pretty and girly, then I laughed when you said it was scratchy. I hope you're having a decent day. xo

6. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - If I can put a grin on yer face, I'm happy :)

Diane Lane likes this.
  7. Diane Lane

Registered

You always do. I'm always thankful for y'all here, I always feel better when I am here and when I leave, I take that feeling with me :). I do wish we had more emojis available, though. I have way more emotions than I have emojis available on this site @Ken Anderson :p.

Patsy Faye and Chrissy Cross like this.
  8. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

My granddad on my dad's side retired from there. I worked there off and on.

Denise Evans and Diane Lane like this.
  9. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm a guy. We have a limited number of emotions.

Diane Lane likes this.
  10. Chrissy Cross

Registered

With my upgrade to IOS 10 when I type love, a ❤️ pops up and I can use it on here but some others that have popped up in my type suggestions area don't work.

I tried the laughing one ☝️ and that didn't work, but I see that for the word one, that finger pops up.

Are you seeing them??

11. Patsy Faye

Registered

Yes Chrissy - just about

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  12. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Diane Lane - same here :)

Today clicking on @ and name, doesn't work

13. Chrissy Cross

Registered

14. Tim Burr

Tim Burr Veteran Member
    Registered

Just an update: Nashville hit 91° today.
    Hey, it's October.:eek:

15. Chrissy Cross

Registered

Yikes! Guess Fresno isn't so bad sometimes.