The Finest Hours

Discussion in 'Movies' started by K E Gordon, Oct 20, 2016.

1. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

I love Netflix, and spend a lot of time watching Frasier re runs, BTW the oriignal producer of the show David Angell was killed on September 11, something I think I heard at the time, but everything was so frightening and horrifying at the time, I don't think it really sunk in..Anyway, I digress, the movie I have been watching is the Finest Hours, the true story of a the SS Pendelton which split in two, during an Atlantic storm in 1950. A coastguard rescue cutter was dispatched...and I haven't seen what happens yet. A dynamic tale, and a Disney movie so it is very wholesome..Even though, I haven't watched it all yet, I would recommend it if you like action, and adventure, with heroism and quick thinking thrown in.

Denise Evans and Ina I. Wonder like this.
  2. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I saw The Finest Hours, and a more riveting movie I have not seen in years. I totally agree with you K E!! Also, Frasier is on of my faves. I didn't remember about David Angell:( Anyway, I watch Murder She Wrote regularly on my Netflix too, Midsomer Murders, The Glades, Firefly. I go in spurts of watching a bunch of episodes of one or the other, lol:) I don't miss cable at all;)

I do recommend The Finest Hours though, wow, and a true story:)

K E Gordon likes this.
  3. K E Gordon

K E Gordon Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, I still have direct tv as I provide it mostly for my roomie,/boarder who is basically a shut in and the computer and TV are all he has. Although, he does have more friends online than I do, plus has a better internet plan, which I don't think I could afford. Anyway, I like the movie, I would say they don't make movies like that anymore, but obviously they do! Kudos to Disney for providing something that doesn't have the F bomb every other word.

4. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

Took the words right outa my mouth @K E Gordon I said that same thing to several people "they don't make them like that anymore" but yes, I guess we are blessed they still do on occasion:) What I liked most was no sex, or profanity. Whoops, maybe some won't watch now, LOL!!

I don't think cable is all bad, or Direct TV, didn't mean to imply that, but I do think of the news and commercials I don't miss. I couldn't afford it or I probably would still have it;) Really nice of you to provide that for your boarder. I do wish I could have a roomie. I would have a guy, one I could trust. I would get along better with a fella. I won't move into a man's house though and be "his" border, but if I owned the place, I would do it;)