The Connection Between Kennedy, Trump, And Q-anon

Discussion in 'Conspiracies & Paranormal' started by Yvonne Smith, Sep 27, 2018.

1. Joanna Newton

Joanna Newton Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

O.k.!! :p

Janice Lynne likes this.
  2. Janice Lynne

Janice Lynne Well-Known Member
    Registered

Nope! Didn't get to keep my title after all! And the time limit for editing it into the body of the post had expired. ):

I protest! I strongly object to this decision!

goes out to kick a can around in the street

Nancy Hart and Joanna Newton like this.
  3. Joanna Newton

Registered

Maybe Ken can merge them, and you can keep your title :)

Similar to what you said, when I received the link from a family member I suspected it was a joke, but was told it was not.

Janice Lynne likes this.
  4. Janice Lynne

Registered

Nah, doesn't matter! In the name of national unity I prefer to concede.

Joanna Newton likes this.
  5. Janice Lynne

Registered

Just now remembered and looked up the novel this specific QAnon facet reminds me of.

The book was written two years before the TV series Lost appeared on the air, and surely must have been, in part, the inspiration for that show, and probably the entire Q thing itself, as well as Bohemian Grove, and all previous permutations of this same theory, going back and back and back into time immemorial.

Nothing new under the sun!

Joanna Newton likes this.
  6. Admin

Admin Forum Administrator
    Staff Member Greeter Registered

Usually, when two threads are merged, the title from the earliest one is used unless the subsequent thread title is better.

Janice Lynne likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I'm not sure what's going on in this thread because, other than links to other sites, not much has been said about it. I would think that there would be opinions about the JFK assassination, given that most of us were alive and aware of it at the time. More than 70% of Americans do not believe that Oswald was solely responsible for the assassination, and only 20% believe the Warren Report.

I have followed several theories but don't know which, if any, I believe. I feel quite sure that the Warren Report was a cover-up, just as I believe that we haven't been told the truth about the 9/11 attacks, but I don't know what the truth is. As Americans, the truth is generally withheld from us.

8. Janice Lynne

Registered

I didn't start this thread with the JFK assassination in mind, though the title remaining when the two threads were merged gives that impression. It was the return of JFK Jr. from the dead that this Q crowd was waiting for. The original title was something like 'Sorry for posting this, but I just couldn't resist.' I put it under 'Don't know where this goes' rather than 'Conspiracies.'

I posted the link to the QAnon gathering because I thought it was both hilarious and infinitely sad. Frankly, I haven't until recently grasped how deeply certain subgroups of people have fallen under the spell of alt-news and social media distortions. It's terrifying!

In hindsight I realize I should have put it into the 'psychology' forum, and made a relevant point, instead of just being silly.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2021
    Nancy Hart likes this.
  9. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

The most significant thing about this is that Youtube took down the video; more evidence of the Nanny State we are being forced to live in. "They" spoon feed us the information they want us to have and delete the rest.

I feel that I am intelligent enough to view a video and draw my own conclusions, but I only get some random leftist writer's opinion who takes jabs at internet fringe groups and evangelical Christians. I have long thought that Q-anon was a group of nutjobs, and undoubtedly the video would have reinforced my belief, but now I'll never know anything but some slanted written "report."

Ken Anderson likes this.
  10. Janice Lynne

Registered

Actually, I don't know if that particular video was taken down or if I just didn't bother to look for it long enough.

In the one I saw briefly, the people were lined up on the curb in a compact and orderly way that looked like old JFK assassination day footage. But in the news clips people were milling around all over the place and ranting in some cases. Very strange!

11. Joanna Newton

Registered

I don't recall when/where I heard this, but decades ago I heard two different approaches:
    one was that all the truth would come out 50 years after the assassination, and the other was that the truth would not come out while anyone who was alive at the time was still alive.
    As it's been more than 50 years, it seems the latter is accurate. I have no idea what the reason is for the secrecy, though- I can't see how 'national security' could be an issue.

12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

It was supposed to have been released after fifty years, but wasn't released under Obama. Trump released a portion of it, but he was encouraged/persuaded/prohibited from releasing it all, and Biden has thus far not done so, either.

Don Alaska and Joanna Newton like this.
  13. Joanna Newton

Registered

Oh. Thanks for the info.

14. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I think it was JFK, Jr. who was supposed to appear, not the dead president. There was a conspiracy theory that he staged his own death to avoid a hit contract or something.

Ken Anderson and Al Amoling like this.
  15. Janice Lynne

Registered

For some reason it's been bothering me that I couldn't find that video I glimpsed the other day, but all of a sudden there it was, in a Twitter feed embedded in this RollingStone article.

Might even be some fun merch still available, though probably not for long!