The Benefits Of Being Older

Discussion in 'Philosophy & Psychology' started by Joy Martin, Jan 6, 2024.

1. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

Oh Yvonne, I just read my original post and as usually happens topics can and do end up with replies all over the place, the high price of everything got in here along the way.

John Brunner and Beth Gallagher like this.
  2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

One benefit of being older,for me is not having to put up with bosses,crabby irrational customers and often employees. It is nice not having to get out in extreme weather, unless I wanted to.
    With age, for most comes knowledge, and we can see where those we know make serious mistakes in their finances, love life, and health. Being older, I want to look decent and feel decent,without feeling the need to impress others.
    Enjoying the simple littlest of things become so much more appreciated and enjoyed as we age. Hell ya I am gonna have another cookie, it may be my last. The offered senior discounts at stores, is a nice try sort of thing, but also a bit of a joke.Things that were once so important in our younger life, are now at the bottom of the list. So yes, there are a few advantages,to being older, however one has to be on the look out for them, and are different for each of us.

3. Joy Martin

Joy Martin Veteran Member
    Registered

For me a biggie is NO MORE make up, face paint, I did a lot of this painting for long long time, probably when I started to work at 18 or maybe even some at 16 when I sold ladies shoes on weekend..my first P/T job....and probably gave it all up at the time when I did hip replacement at 72, so much happened with that job, make up was the last thing on my mind.

Remember those days of sitting down in the shoe dept and a sales clerk did their job for you to buy new shoes.....long time ago but good time in life.

Last edited: Jan 8, 2024
    Lulu Moppet and Yvonne Smith like this.
  4. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I only started taking advantage of Senior Discounts long after I qualified. I swear, ego had nothing to do with it. Nor did denial.

Lulu Moppet and Don Alaska like this.