The Aerogardens, I Love Mine!

Discussion in 'Crops & Gardens' started by Yvonne Smith, Mar 6, 2016.

1. Babs Hunt

Babs Hunt Veteran Member
    Registered

:) I hope you really have fun with this Ina!

Ina I. Wonder likes this.
  2. Ina I. Wonder

Ina I. Wonder Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Well I now have my settings placed into the Tower Garden. In a couple of days they should be much perkier. (Is perkier a word?). I'll take another picture in a couple of weeks to see how much they've grown.

I left one pocket open so I can add a flowering plant, just for the prettiness of them. I want something that will boom often. Got any ideas? :confused:

IMG_4803.JPG

Last edited: Jun 21, 2017
  3. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I was sitting on my porch having my coffee this morning, and as usual I was watching the little purple flowers open as the sun came up. I guess I'm a bit difficult to buy things for, so generally others will bring me plants, mainly because they are always a winner for me. So when I would get a hanging basket plant they would usually be in full bloom. After the blooms were past their cycle, I would dig a shallow hole under the large shady oak right off my porch. This area has develope a large collection of ground coverage and the plants bloom almost year around.

So I got the idea to dig up a small piece of the blooming ground coverage for my indoor tower garden. I have no idea whether or not it will survive the indoor conditions, but for me it's the fun of experimenting. I didn't think the planted would survive a season outside in the shade, but it's been there for many years now. So here a picture of it, Maybe it will grow, maybe not.

IMG_4811.JPG

4. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

IMG_4894.JPG IMG_4895.JPG IMG_4896.JPG

Well its been 10 days since I placed my settings, and I think I should be able to start clipping the outer leaves of the lettuce this coming week. I see some of the settings might need to be replaced with something else, although all of my seeds came from and were recommended by Tower Gardens.

Clare Smith and Yvonne Smith like this.
  5. Clare Smith

Clare Smith Active Member
    Registered

[QUOTE="Ina I. Wonder,

Well its been 10 days since I placed my settings, and I think I should be able to start clipping the outer leaves of the lettuce this coming week. I see some of the settings might need to be replaced with something else, although all of my seeds came from and were recommended by Tower Gardens.[/QUOTE]

Very nice, @Ina I. Wonder ! Loved it!

6. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Well it has been 15 days since I placed my settings, and things are growing faster than I expected. I'm not sure what is going on with the spots on my cucumber plants. But it might be what I sprayed on it for what looked to me to be the beginning of aphids. Although I saw no movement, (and I watched for some time), I chose to try and get ahead of them if it were aphids. So far only two of the setting didn't make.

IMG_4947.JPG IMG_4948.JPG IMG_4949.JPG IMG_4950.JPG

Yvonne Smith and Clare Smith like this.
  7. Clare Smith

Clare Smith Active Member
    Registered

Very nice, @Ina I. Wonder !

8. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Thank you @Clare Smith , I love gardening, but I can't go outside much between May and October. So this type of gardening is the only kind I can do during this time period. I love experimenting with plants and different gardening environments. o_O

I'm really surprised to see the tomato plants growing so well. I was told they wouldn't grow indoor as they needed much more sunlight than the tower could supply. So far they seem to be wrong. :rolleyes:

Do you like gardening, and if so, what kind of garden do you have? Even when I lived in an apartment I was able to garden out on the patio in containers. Once I even turned the second bedroom into a greenhouse. :)

9. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

Well I now have cucumbers growing in my kitchen tower garden. My tomatoes are close to blooming I think. I've had a salad almost everyday for about a week, and my garlic chives are available every other day now. Here is a picture of a couple cucumbers, and it looks like I'll be getting plenty of them. I like them best when they are still on the small side.

IMG_5020.JPG

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Ina I. Wonder

Registered

I'm still waiting for my tomatoes to bloom, but other than that, all is growing as planned. :)

Does any know much about growing caraway? I have no clue as to how they grow, vine, stalk, or even a tree. But I've never heard of a caraway tree. :rolleyes:

IMG_5116.JPG IMG_5117.JPG IMG_5118.JPG IMG_5119.JPG IMG_5120.JPG

Yvonne Smith likes this.