The 29 Different Types Of Coffee Drinkers

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Joe Riley, Aug 28, 2015.

1. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

"Coffee's a very personal thing. Some people will only drink it at certain chains (whose caffeine counts are listed here!), others demand a bubble bath's worth of cappuccino foam, and then there are the aficionados who swear by sophisticated gadgetry like the "AeroPress" or the "drip coffee machine in the break room." Here's a comprehensive list of 29 of the most common coffee-drinker stereotypes, ranging from people you wish would die to people who will probably face an early death thanks to their choice of sweetener". Which one are YOU?o_O

Last edited: Aug 29, 2015
    Krissttina Isobe likes this.
  2. Tom Locke

Tom Locke Veteran Member
    Registered

Hmm, I must be a maverick.

3. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I guess I'm "The Guy Who Insists That Dunkin' Donuts Is the Best Coffee Ever"....I had a buddy, who was a salesman for Sugardale, who traveled a lot and always stopped at DD, JUST for the coffee! He would say, "They should name the place 'Mr Coffee'!...I tried to tell him, 'That name is taken"! I sometimes buy bags of coffee at DD, as I agree with my buddy!;)

4. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

I am such a purist when it comes to coffee. My kids like the fancy cappuccino and hazelnut flavorings, while I just want a good strong cup, with lots of cream. My favorite is Millstone brand, or McDonald's, if I'm on the road. I WILL confess to a taste, only about once a year, for a white chocolate, raspberry latte, with whipped cream. LOL

Yvonne Smith and Joe Riley like this.
  5. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

On one end of my town was a little drive-up coffee shop. One day while on my way to an early morning squirrel hunt, I stopped for a coffee to go.
    Girl at the drive up window.
    "May I help you"?
    Me. "Large black coffee, please".
    Girl. "We don't have that. We only serve what's on the menu".
    I look at the menu and see things I can't even pronounce. I ask, jokingly,
    "Is it even legal to do all that to coffee"?
    Girl, unamused, "What would you like, sir"?
    I settled for a coffee mocha, and never went back.

Joe Riley and Brittany Houser like this.
  6. Brittany Houser

Brittany Houser Veteran Member
    Registered

Funny story Ike. It just shows how snobby people have become these days. Your comeback was classic! I'll bet it ruined her entire day. :D

Ike Willis likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

My wife loves Dunkin' Donuts coffee, and will even buy a cup on our way to a restaurant. I think their coffee is okay, but barely. I drink it because nearly every town in Maine has one, so they are convenient. I take my coffee black but, at the same time, I am am coffee snob. I drink coffee all the time, but it has to be a light or medium roast, and I prefer when it has a name. Generic coffee is okay when it's freshly brewed but the freshness doesn't last long. I prefer to grind my own beans and, if I could persuade my wife to allow me to buy a coffee roaster, I think I would like to roast my own.

Joe Riley likes this.
  8. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

You're right about the beans, Ken. Most pre-ground coffee is Stale On Arrival! Grinding your own beans is the way to Fresh coffee! Turn up the volume!:D

9. Ike Willis

Ike Willis Supreme Member
    Registered

Back in 1957 I worked part time in a grocery store. They had a coffee grinder in the coffee aisle. You could pick out a bag of coffee beans and grind them right there. It made the whole store smell like fresh coffee.

10. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff

The Hannaford supermarket in Millinocket did that up until a few months ago. Now, while the coffee grinders are still there, they no longer offer whole bean coffee. Apparently, there weren't very many people in Millinocket buying it. I have been in other Hannaford markets that still do.

Ike Willis likes this.
  11. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I have used the coffee grinders that were in the store before, too; and it just makes your whole car have that wonderful aroma of coffee all of the way home. I really used to think about just leaving the coffee in the car for a day or two, so the smell would linger; but then you can't have it to drink, so no way that was going to happen.
    I have a coffee grinder, and sometimes, I buy whole bean coffee and grind it fresh when I make a pot of coffee; but usually I just get the already ground kind, and seal it up tight in a mason jar in the cupboard.

Bobby like his coffee plain, and black.
    I live for flavored coffees, and one of my latest enjoyments has been ordering some of the awesome Coffee Fools flavored coffees on Amazon, when they are on closeout sale.
    Chocolate Raspberry is my favorite, with the chocolate covered cherry coming in a close second, and followed by chocolate peanutbutter pie. (do you sense a trend going on here ? mmmmm, chocolate anything)
    So, we have two coffeepots.
    Sometimes, I just have some of Bobby's plain old regular coffee, but other mornings, I make a wonderful pot of flavored coffee in my smaller coffee maker.
    So, where does that put me on the coffee drinker list, I wonder ?

Joe Riley likes this.
  12. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I think you are a chocolate coffee drinker, Yvonne!:D You reminded me of the time we were on a Kona Kick and ordered flavored coffees at Christmas time. Candy cane, Peppermint, etc....we had fun!

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  13. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

Over at the "Hi-GoodBye Coffee", the new Jukebox arrived yesterday. The "Owner" of the Falcon Electronic Jukebox Company, Paul Falcon, has passed along a link to Paul's Jukebox, that you can save and keep as a favorite or on your Bookmark Bar, so you can find and play a favorite song, from the selections of hundreds!
    On that rare occasion, when you can't make it down to the "HI-Goodbye", just click on Paul's Video Jukebox, and play some tunes! Thanks, Paul!:cool:
    Vinyl_Coffee.jpg images (43).jpg

Last edited: Aug 30, 2015
    Yvonne Smith likes this.
  14. Corie Henson

Corie Henson Veteran Member
    Registered

This reminds me of my grandfather who would sit by radio in the early morning while sipping coffee in a cup, we had no mugs yet that time. His favorite is the imported Sanka coffee which he calls Stateside, the best coffee, according to him. They live in the province, near an American base where they can buy US goods. So when he comes to our house, he brings along a bottle of that coffee.

We are not coffee drinkers in the house although I occasionally have coffee when I am with my sister after a hearty meal in a restaurant. We were raised on milk and had that orientation that coffee is not good for children.

15. Dave Sun

Dave Sun Veteran Member
    Registered

My job, while shopping the A and P store with my grandma, was grinding the Eight O'Clock coffee for her. I loved the smell of fresh ground coffee. We use the Folgers Classic blend in our Keurig coffee maker. We have tried a lot of different blends, but we like Folgers the best. We buy the 80 pack at BJs store. I usually have one cup with breakfast, and a cup in the afternoon. Dunkin just opened a new store just up the road, so we visit there quite often.

Joe Riley likes this.