Thanksgiving

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Chrissy Cross, Oct 24, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

No they don't need help. My Sil's mom is wealthy but my DIL's mom has a job and she inherited some money or got life insurance when her husband died.

Anyway, it is what it is...this is the way things turned out, I had some influence with guiding them as children and young adults. They chose prosperous careers. They could just as well have chosen a career that doesn't pay as well. They married people with the same careers. So that doubled the good income.

Things could have gone differently...I could have been a lousy mom, they could have chosen a path of drugs and alcohol...lots of different scenarios but this is the way it is and everybody is happy.

Both have good marriages and are good parents also. I don't see divorce in either child's future.

In fact in my whole family there isn't anyone that's been divorced....just widowed.

While we are mixed in politics and religion...we have one common thread....Family.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Very good (in red above).

I understand you saying "it is what it is", but fortunately for you, they can/do financially help you. As I said before, not all parents get financial help from their kids, even if the kids can afford it. So, I'd say you are lucky! "Lucky" is nice though. I know, I feel that way everyday about my wife and she feels that way about me.

My wife had to pay for her college education thru school loans. She was still paying off those loans when I met her, but now they are all paid off.
    As for me, for the short time I went to college, I had a part-time job and GI Bill Education paid me monthly.

Chrissy Cross likes this.
  3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Veteran Member
    Registered

Just want to add, wouldn't need help if my husband was alive and actually can survive on my own just not as comfortably. I'd be worried about money most of the time but I adapt well and can live pretty much anywhere on the income scale. It is comforting to know that I don't have to ever worry about food or shelter even if they were to stop widows benefits. Of course if the world goes into a spiral and nobody is secure than I would worry but not all that much, lol.

Except homeless, that I don't know but I guess if I had to I could. I have no issues being with very poor people and Im not finicky but my downfall would be alcoholics and druggies...they scare me...and I'm just not very sympathetic towards them unless they are trying to quit.

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016