Tens / Ems

Discussion in 'Health & Wellness' started by Bobby Cole, May 14, 2020.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Sorry you aren’t having much luck so far Ken.

I am gathering that your first main problems are the electrodes. My rig came with 4 pads that have a glue like conductance gel on them and leads that plug into the right and / or left ports. If the pads are not sticking then the kit is faulty.

For kicks and giggles, I’ll assume you figured out the pad thing and let’s go a little further.
    My default setting is for the left port and the mode is “normal”. If yours is similar, don’t worry about the up and down buttons or anything else but the on/off button which should have some numbers going from 1-10.

First, try this. Place two pads on your forearm no further apart than about 4-5 inches and hooked to the left port. Turn the machine on with the mode on NORMAL and then GRADUALLY turn the knob. You should start to feel a slight burning sensation at around 3 or 4 but once you get above that you will feel it going to work.
    For pain relief you really do not want to go much further than a good tingle because any stronger will make the muscle flex which is kinda non productive for killing pain but that said, I like a little stronger frequency now.

If all goes right then you can turn it off and put the two or if you are brave, 4 pads anywhere (except above your shoulders for now) you wish using the same settings. Once you get the basics down you can start experimenting with the “pulse” setting and wider band widths and a bunch of other adventures.

I guess I should have let ya’ll know that I bought the TENS 7000 kit. I got it on Amazon but the company that it’s manufactured for is Roscoe Medical out of Ohio. I didn’t want it to seem like I was advertising for a single company which is why I didn’t mention it from the start.

Last edited: May 21, 2020
  2. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Only just seen this thread - I use the equivalent but in 'pen' form
    This has always been highly recommended by me and many others because 'it works' !
    The best pain reliever on the market. Although it has to work miracles for me, I at least get a break from pain
    and some mobility returns, without it I'd be lost. Been using for 10 years

Yvonne Smith and Bobby Cole like this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Read your post, threw a “like” on it then had to run. I just remembered that I had not replied soooo....here I am again.
    Okay now, what is the pen form or rather, what is it called so I can look it up and do a little research?

4. Patsy Faye

Registered

Hi there @Bobby Cole
    You can find the Pain gone pen at Amazon and pharmacies
    Be sure to look at the 'orange' version as this is powered by a battery - this is the picture

[​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.
  5. Patsy Faye

Registered

The above is Pain Gone plus - a new and better version. easy to use - press onto the area that hurts for 30 seconds
    no need to undress either - works through an item of clothing
    This one is the original version and tricky to us so avoid this one …..
    [​IMG]

Bobby Cole likes this.
  6. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

My pen arrived yesterday and I think I’m going to like it. It has three different probes but I have only used the small tip thus far.
    The larger machine with the pads definitely covers a larger area and is pretty much hands free which is good when I am going to use it for 15-30 minutes at a time but for pinpointing a specific area for a minute or so, I can see the benefit of using the pen.

Thanks for the heads up Patsy. The pen might even be a little less confusing for @Ken Anderson.

Which brings me to another thing.
    Ken, when you set the mode on the TENS machine, it’s like using an electric alarm clock. You choose the bandwidth and Hz and time of operation and for each choice the window will blink which is your queue to use the up and down arrows. I still use normal mode and leave the time alone. When I shut if off it’s off. When I turn it on, it’s on.

7. Patsy Faye

Registered

@Bobby Cole
    I'm confused by your description - did you get a different make - not sure if Pain Gone is available over there
    Also, does it take a battery ?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  8. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have not gotten back to my TENS/EMS thing. I picked up the manual again but it didn’t help me figure out why the thing doesn’t work.

9. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The one that I purchased has 4 different types of tips and yes, it takes one AA battery. The name of it is the Meridian Massage Pen and I’m really liking it.
    9DC0BF17-98AB-4AB4-A0C9-7E0E8B4A7456.jpeg

Patsy Faye likes this.
  10. Martin Alonzo

Martin Alonzo Supreme Member
    Registered

I have a tens machine and used it with great success. I would recommend it over drugs every time. I have most of the alternative system for giving health. Like Acuhealth using acupuncture points for over 30 years. Machine for electrifying the blood stream to kill pathogens. PEMF to put an electrical magnetic pulse which open blood veins and kill pathogens also a great pain killer. Machine for making ozonized water to help oxygen in the blood by absorption through digestion. The Hulda Clark Parasite Zapper that uses electricity pulse to kill parasites in the body. Bio-tuner electrical impulses passing through the brain bringing it back to harmony with the earth frequencies great to help drug addicts. Bobby I have the same pen. I love my toys.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  11. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

The directions that came with mine were confusing so I set them aside and went right to trial and error with a little help from YouTube.
    Also, when I started thinking of the settings as akin to setting an electric clock, everything cleared up immensely and I have been comfortable using it ever since.

Oh yeah, one other thing. Do the pads that came with your unit have a thin plastic film over them? If yes, take the film off and they should stick to your skin quite well. When you are finished with the pads, put the film back on again for storage.

Uh, just one last question Ken.......did ya read post #16? I will guarantee it’s easier than the directions that came with your kit.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
  12. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yes, of course I removed the film. They did stick, sort of, as long as I didn’t move, but it didn’t take much for them to fall off. I can’t figure it out by playing around with it because the screen shuts off in what seems like less than a second, and it’s all so tiny to begin with.

13. Patsy Faye

Registered

Bobby Cole likes this.
  14. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Sounds to me like you need to send it back Ken. The 7000 is obviously a lot easier to use than the machine you have and believe me, the Pen that @Patsy Faye gave me a heads up on is super easy to figure out. Granted, I didn’t purchase the same one as she did but it works and works well.

And do note Ken. I didn’t mean to insinuate that you were not smart enough to remove the film but hey, I do not know how many times throughout my life that I thought something didn’t work and then found it wasn’t plugged in.

Last edited: May 27, 2020
    Beth Gallagher likes this.
  15. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

It’s actually fairly inexpensive. I just wanted something to see if it worked as well as you reported so I went cheap thinking that if I liked the principle I would buy something better. Turns out, for about $15 I got a winner with no need for something more pricy.

Patsy Faye likes this.