Tell Me What You Had For Lunch Today

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bill Boggs, Sep 21, 2018.

1. Thomas Stillhere

Thomas Stillhere Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I had nothing to eat all day until about an hour ago. Got so wrapped up in this computer brick sitting next to me I had no appetite. I read an article from 4 days ago saying that AMD admitted they had a terrible problem with these last few drivers and that they indeed destroyed peoples systems totally. At least I feel vindicated knowing there is nothing I can do to make it run. I also found one of the 3 graphics cards I purchased 2 years ago dead. It was in this machine I have been rebuilding and I suppose when the computer cpu shorted it took out the card because I lost track which card I had removed to try and get that doa motherboard from 2 months ago to work. 3 cards identical in appearance makes it hard so I am not discouraged about it , just more garbage coming from China. Now I need to rest and just wait until a fix by microcrap and amd make it possible to use my repaired unit. Until then I will continue to use this old win 7 on 7 year old motherboard and a hacked processor that was originally for a server board. I had my chili and rice and it was great, got all the wildlife fed for the night and life is good here also.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  2. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

Now that looks good !

Tony Page likes this.
  3. Mary Stetler

Mary Stetler Veteran Member
    Registered

Roll out John Burnner, We'll have a barrel of fun (two three four...)

John Brunner likes this.
  4. Mary Stetler

Registered

I preferred win 7. I don't know why they have to keep new and improving things.:(

Thomas Stillhere likes this.
  5. John Brunner

John Brunner Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Roll out the Mary
    She's got the bras on the run

(I've met Myron Floren)

6. Mary Stetler

Registered

Hubby was a big Lawrence Welk fan. Me not so much. But I used to like to polka. Him, not so much.o_O

7. Thomas Stillhere

Registered

I worked about 2 miles from where Welk lived, Rancho Bernardo. I worked in a nice little shop in Pow Way Ca about 4 miles outside of San Diego. One shop before that in Mira Mesa across the highway from Miramar Naval Air Station I worked in a nice shop and Desi Arnez would have his house keeper bring in his car for service. He lived along the Beach near the Race Track. It was such a beautiful state to live in. Both Sisters and my deceased Brother were all born at the Bal Boa Naval Hospital, it has been razed for decades now. You never know who you will run into in California. One guy in my company that worked in the Hanger actually lives in Pow Way and I never knew it or we could have become friends again. He sent me photos he had taken on the morning of our missing man flyby. I'll have to post those soon.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  8. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

I was thinking Mexican food; but it is really cold, and rainy here today, not a kind of day to venture out anywhere. We are having fish sticks in the air fryer and coleslaw with baby shrimps for a late lunch early-dinner today and staying inside.

9. John Brunner

There's a diner in Charlottesville (one of those places that serves breakfast all day) that I've mentioned a few times. It's one of the only places around here you can get a decent gyro, but today I decided to try their pizza. It was OK. The crust was like one of those DiGiorno rising crust frozen pizzas. Their "Special" had tons of topping on it (so many you could not see the pizza beneath), and it was barely warm. I've not had a pizza fresh out of the oven that was so lukewarm. The veggies were not baked with the pizza (to the extent it was baked)...they were tossed on there raw after it was cooked.

The last time I had raw veggies on a pizza was decades ago at a 24 hour place outside of DC that got rich off of late night partiers. They served it by the slice, and threw on whatever toppings you asked for (including meats), and then handed it to you. Mmmmmm....

Anyway, I'll see how leftovers are, heated to a proper temp.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  10. John Brunner

Made Paté from last night's leftover liver.

Yes, you are chopped liver.

Mary Stetler likes this.
  11. Tony Page

Tony Page Veteran Member
    Registered

I only eat the Wurst kind.

Mary Stetler and John Brunner like this.
  12. Thomas Windom

Thomas Windom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Pho and then a chocolate brownie and cup of coffee. I wanted the warm beef broth because I was working outside and it started me coughing.

John Brunner likes this.
  13. John Brunner

Ethnic restaurants and markets are about the only thing I miss from living in NOVA. There is a soup house in the Pan Am Shopping Center in Fairfax called Pho 75. It's the best. There is one Vietnamese restaurant in Richmond I've found that has one Pho offering, and it's marginal (and it's 45 minutes away.)

14. Mary Stetler

Registered

Korean bowl from aldis

John Brunner likes this.
  15. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

Kentucky Legend ham on small hamburger bun, with cheese grilled in skillet, potato chips and tea