Tech Ceo Resigns After Death Threats To Trump

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Diane Lane, Nov 16, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane Lane Veteran Member
    Registered

These people are seriously deranged. They are either ignorant about protocol and the law, or they are stark raving mad. On what planet is it acceptable for a CEO (or anyone else for that matter, but particularly someone in a position of power like that) to threaten to assassinate a public official? The fact that he thought it as acceptable shows that he only associates with others like himself, and he assumes he and his opinions are in line with the beliefs and opinions of the majority. I'm sure he's quite surprised to find that he was wrong. It's time for this type of behavior to stop, and time for those engaging in this type of activity to take a good look around without their blinders on, and realize they are in fact the minority. Here's a link to the story.

2. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, I have been following that. I do believe that he was probably joking, but it wasn't the kind of joke that any sensible person would make. By joke, I don't meant that he meant it good naturedly, but that I doubt he was really going to assassinate Trump. However, the anti-Trump people have made hating Trump acceptable, which is probably why we've seen so many people actually going so far. Among friends, I suppose no one is offended by it. The problems arise when it's done publicly, such as in a Facebook post or a tweet. This was a computer security company, at that. Strange.