Sydney Stabbing Murders In Shopping Centre

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Kate Ellery, Apr 13, 2024.

1. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

I seen this horror unfold on TV in a huge Westfield shopping centre yesterday,

https://www.9news.com.au/national/b...g-centre/3ab2e4be-b51a-418c-a709-1c853408fe24

They have just released the Attackers name ( whom the police shot and killed )
    and I was horrified to see his name as I recognised the name instantly as the son of a close online member / friend on a forum …..how do I know the name ….well on the forum we did several swaps between the 2 of us
    We’ve known one another for close to 12 years and I’m well aware of his mums struggles with him ( the offender)
    I’m terribly sad for his parents and I have their phone number / address but I’ll leave them to settle down and I’m sure they will be hassled by media and I’m not going to be hassling

I’m due to meet her soon when we travel through the area lives getting to our Queensland housesit

All I can say is OMG

2. Hedi Mitchell

Hedi Mitchell Supreme Member
    Registered

@Kate Ellery - so sorry Kate, news like this is always worse when you know those involved. :(

3. Denise Evans

Denise Evans Supreme Member
    Registered

I know I tend to think it will never be me, or anyone I know, but this just proves, again, none of us are immune to what's happening, and it isn't going to always be "someone else". I hope we all vote, it's probably all many of us can do at all :( I suppose pray, although I don't do a lot of that anymore.

Don Alaska likes this.
  4. Ed Wilson

Ed Wilson Veteran Member
    Registered

As bad as it is, it might have been worse if a gun was involved. In the U.S., that is usually the case, but even in a place with strict gun laws, bad things can happen.

5. Jenna Parnellson

Jenna Parnellson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

My understanding is that in the U.S., Chicago is the worst for gun killings ... and it has the greatest number of gun laws in the land. So ...

Ed Wilson and Beth Gallagher like this.
  6. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

Murder is a matter of will, not the availability of weapons.

Don Alaska, Kate Ellery and Ed Wilson like this.
  7. Vada Bloom

Vada Bloom Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

A gun was involved. The gun in the hand of the female cop that put this SOB on the ground for good. Had there been a gun in the hand of a good citizen that baby might have a mama today and there might not be so many others dead.

8. Tony Nathanson

Tony Nathanson Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

^^^^ A simple fact the anti-gun crowd would rather not acknowledge.

9. Kate Ellery

Kate Ellery Supreme Member
    Registered

It’s being investigated why her targeted females ..killed 5 felmales ..even stabbed a 9 month old baby who is still living but her mother was killed ..one male killed ..total 7 deaths with the killer .
    I was invited to stay over nite at the killers parents home a couple of years ago when we traveled to Queensland ….nah I knew his history cause she posted on the forum about his behaviour ….no way would I accepted her invite ( he was living there as well)
    Guns are banned in Aust unless your the law or or a farmer.

I’ve got a card sitting in front of me from the killers mother ….cause I had a dummy spit about a would be …..if she could be ….members abuse on the forum , where.know the mother of Joel and I left the forum ..deleted my account so she ( Chel ) the mother of the killer sent me a card asking me to come back …..several did actually……and it’s a big fat NO I’m not re- joining ( it’s a forum where you can delete your account yourself )

Last edited: Apr 14, 2024
    Don Alaska likes this.