Suicides

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Chrissy Cross, Jun 8, 2018.

1. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Okay, going back on topic, Colorado has the distinction of being ranked #7 in the U.S. and your change of destination, Wyoming, is ranked #4. at a whopping 22.7 per 100,000.
    Florida and more explicitly, Jacksonville is ranked #9 when compared to other cities in the U.S. and again with a whopping 16 per 100,000 people annually.

Uh, I would imagine that since you are a roper Cody and probably own a rope, it might be wise to stow it where it cannot be found when you move to your chosen state(s) lest someone use it for their ultimate demise.

Frank Sanoica and Don Alaska like this.
  2. Don Alaska

Don Alaska Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

Thanks for the heads-up on GABA appearing to be linked to suicide. As I posted before, I found (I think) pyridoxine linked to depression. Although both are available in supplements, it appears that diet may be related to suicide after all.

Bobby Cole likes this.
  3. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

A caution about GABA might be that a lot of bodybuilders use it to enhance their sleep much the same as melatonin. The axiom of “tear down in the gym and build muscle in our sleep” is very true so if you do decide to try it out, it’s best to take the supplement before bed. Otherwise, as I well know, chances are you’ll walk around in a daze for a couple of hours if you take it during the day.

Of course, 200 mg’s and some Mozart is great therapy when a person is depressed or stressed out.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

To set things straight, Bobby, I no longer rope, but still have two.

We don’t care that many think we are nuts to leave Florida. The people here would think Ken is nuts for living in Maine, but he doesn’t care either.

As far as suicides go, is there really any solution to the problem?? Warning signs that family and/or friends might seem to ignore?

5. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Ya see? I try to get things back on track and there ya go again thinking that someone (especially I) truthfully cares where you live. Like it, love it, hate it....whatever.

Now, yes there are some indications but they are not necessarily full tells. Paranoia and depression are normally easily seen. Drug and alcohol use, sudden mood swings, antisocial behavior are all tells if someone isn’t normally doing those things.

Another possibility and far less known than any other tell, but it is suspected mind you, but roughly 1 out of about a billion people who can change topics at the drop of a hat with little or no remorse, might have to be watched closely.

Yvonne Smith and Don Alaska like this.
  6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

@Bobby Cole
    Many years ago, I read about a study of suicides, attempting to link some particular peculiarity about a given area of high-suicide activity. It determined that of all towns of certain size or larger, Gillette, Wyoming had the highest suicide rate. The conclusion drawn was that it was caused by the incessant high winds that blow there. These stats may have by now changed, but, FWIW.
    Frank

Bobby Cole likes this.
  7. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Yeah, the stats are replete with things like the comparisons between an abnormal weather season and normal seasons, amount of darkness per year, lack of employment, age, gender, race and the list goes on and on.

I strictly maintain that suicide isn't just simply someone who is depressed and wants to end their life. The human brain wants to live which is why all of the other parts of our bodies do what they do. For all intensive purposes, it's the most magnificent cycle known to man. The only thing the human body does is make sure the brain stays alive and it's the brain that directs all of the traffic to keep itself alive because above all else, that 3 lb glump of nearly 60% fat wants to survive and if we wish to meditate on it, that glump is US!
    Simply, it doesn't make any sense nor is there any logic nor reasoning that it should want to die unless there is an imbalance which cannot be corrected by the millions of checks and balances it performs every second.

When folks start understanding that suicide really is not the choice of a healthy brain, then maybe there will be some roads built to figure out how to correct whatever is going on in there. But there's a catch to it all. Just as a person who is going through the DT's doesn't know that the spiders aren't real, a person who is committing suicide doesn't know that things aren't hopeless but his or her chemically imbalanced and starving frontal lobe (perhaps) is the boss and doesn't give any choices in the matter to the rest of it's crew. Again, there is no choice in suicide but a direct command, however poor and stupid it may seem, to do so.

Bottom line is at all cost, eat healthy and if your diet isn't right, get it right. We all want to look good, feel good and be successful but frankly, without that thing behind our eyes and between our ears, everything else is useless.
    @Don Alaska and I have already mentioned some natural supplementation so if we all do the research and seek a little help if we need it via specific blood tests and or counseling, then all of us can sing kumbaya and wake up feeling good in the morning.

Don Alaska likes this.