Sturgis Rally 2020

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Cody Fousnaugh, Aug 7, 2020.

1. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Lots of virus fears concerning this Rally. And, I sure wouldn't want to be the one to tell any of these tough bikers to wear a mask and distance. These bikers don't care at all what the community thinks, but vendors sure want them there. "This is our Rally and we aren't going to let any dumb-*hit virus stop it." Sturgis is like Pasadena, California, if this Rally was cancelled, Sturgis would lose lots and lots of money!

And, if any law enforcement tries to push the mask and distancing, these tough biker won't take that either. And, I would think that most of these "tough guys" will have a concealed weapon with them. These are not the kind of bikers that take being messed with.

250,000 plus are expected to attend.

2. Al Amoling

Al Amoling Veteran Member
    Registered

My son and one of his sons go to Sturgis and I don't think they'd be classified as tough altho both have CCPs

Frank Sanoica and Beth Gallagher like this.
  3. Beth Gallagher

Beth Gallagher Supreme Member
    Registered

Oh for Pete's sake, Cody. It's obvious you've never been to Sturgis. Most attendees are about as far from "tough bikers" as you can get. Just a bunch of regular people who love riding, though it seems like the news always focuses on the seedier looking crowd for maximum "effect". My ex husband went a few times with his Harley, but he'd pull it in a trailer to a town about 50 miles from Sturgis and just ride the last few miles, lol. (He was a white-collar engineer.) It's a hell of a party, though.

A couple of years ago we were traveling in Wyoming in our motorhome and totally forgot it was Sturgis week. The freeways were FULL of people on motorcycles, headed north. It was actually fun to see so many bikes out in the middle of nowhere.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Think what you want, but the bikers I seen on CNN, in Sturgis, looked tough enough to me............and most definitely not to be bothered with!

Bikers that I've seen, at a truck stop, looked like they could be with WWE or Body Guards. And, I would think they'd have no problem saying the "F" word or any other cuss word.

Some ride bikes that are unbelievably beautiful, then others ride ones that look like they came right out of the movie Easy Rider.

5. Bobby Cole

Bobby Cole Supreme Member
    Task Force Registered

I do not understand it Cody. Why do you always have an associative problem dealing with things? If it isn’t bikers it’s millennials and if it isn’t that it’s skin art and if not that then it’s something else.

Please Cody, do try hard to get a positive attitude. All is not as it seems sometimes if you look through the right lenses.
    upload_2020-8-7_15-21-36.jpeg
    And yes, quite a few of these folks are at Sturgis.

6. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Bobby, you simply don't understand. I have a different personality than you. There are things that wife and I like/don't like and you are just different.

Frank Sanoica likes this.
  7. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

Yeah, there's a Christian biking club here in Maine that goes to Sturgis every year.

Trevalius Guyus and Bobby Cole like this.
  8. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

Two people can have different personalities but both can still have a positive attitude about chicken soup.

9. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

What I'd like to know is..........why this Rally is going on, but the Pasadena Rose Parade has been cancelled. Guess it's much easier cancelling a major parade, that puts major bucks into a city, than cancelling a biker rally.

10. Bobby Cole

Task Force Registered

2 different states and 2 different governors.
    S. Dakota stayed wide open from the start of the virus with little evidence that they should have done anything different than what they did and are doing.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2020
  11. Ken Anderson

That's a whole different state, Cody. COVID hasn't closed anything in South Dakota.

12. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

So what is CCP? Chinese Communist Party? Chocolate cream pie? How does either make you tough?

Bobby Cole likes this.
  13. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff

14. Dwight Ward

Dwight Ward Veteran Member
    Registered

That's not nearly as much fun. Chocolate cream pies could make you tough if you're holding one up and threatening to throw it, don't you think? If I saw someone on a motorcycle carrying a chocolate cream pie I'd avoid them.

15. Ken Anderson

Darn! I was wrong. I thought we were going to have a Chinese Checkers Party.

Dwight Ward and Yvonne Smith like this.