Stray Cat Helps Blind Dog

Discussion in 'Pets & Critters' started by Krissttina Isobe, Jun 9, 2016.

1. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina Isobe Veteran Member
    Registered

I had a video in my facebook page from Nala the cat and I had to share it with you. It's about a blind dog who has a cat to help him. Story here.

Yvonne Smith and Ike Willis like this.
  2. Texas Beth

Texas Beth Veteran Member
    Registered

I love these kind of stories!!! Sometimes, we don't understand why two differing animals get along so famously. But this is a heart-warming story of which we need more.

3. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

Beautiful story - and not the first
    I am sure animals possess the sixth sense as we do and if used, can be powerful
    What an absolute blessing that Puddy Cat strayed into that home ..............

4. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

One of the most interesting books that I have ever read was about a man who was a horse trainer in England back in the 1940's. He not only trained horses; but was kind of a horse-whisperer of sorts, and he believed that animals had a developed mental communication between some animals.
    He said that it went beyond the normal signals that horses (and other creatures)send to each other, and it only worked between certain animals.
    He did experiments to see which horses could communicate, and discovered that horse A could talk to horse B, horse B could talk to C, and so on.
    When he put out grain, A would let B know that breakfast was coming, even if they were kept far apart from each other. B would then alert C, until they all knew about breakfast.
    However, if horse B was not there at all, then none of the other horses knew that their food was being put out.

He also related some amazing tales of dogs and horses communicating with certain humans, and the ability was, again, only between certain ones who seemed to be able to pick up on the other's "mental wavelength"
    He said that to communicate, he would imagine the thing that he wanted, and usually the horse would do it with no other signals at all.
    So, it seems to me that if the horses could see what we are visualizing in our minds, that this is possibly how the cat helped the dog. Even though the dog himself was blind, he could "see" what was ahead of him through the cat's mental images.
    The name of the book is called "Talking With Horses", by Henry Blake, in case you want to read it. Even if you are not interested in horses per se; you will find this to be an interesting evaluation of the communication posibilities between animals, and between humans and animals.

5. Patsy Faye

Patsy Faye Supreme Member
    Registered

@Babs Hunt - I believe this theory and of course when an animal has a bond with us, the same applies
    Telepathy plays a part, definitely
    I love all animals although I'm not too keen on alligators and crocodiles ...............:eek: