Stay Alone, Or Take A Chance

Discussion in 'Family & Relationships' started by Denise Evans, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

The holidays are all good for me because I'm never alone, always go to either my daughter or my son's house.

Except Valentines Day and even that one I was busy when the oldest grandsons that live in California had school parties, my daughter would volunteer me to help out since she works.

2. Cody Fousnaugh

Cody Fousnaugh Supreme Member
    Registered

Well, "Chrissy", all the women I met before my wife I really never had much in common with and then I met my wife. Her family was stunned at how much we had in common, but she did have to learn rodeo "lingo" and updated her boots to Ariat (brand) Lace-Up Ropers, like I wore. The pointed boots just didn't get it with my rodeo friends or with me. Her two nieces wore the Lace-Ups and tried to get my wife to buy some, but didn't happen. They were stunned when they finally seen her wearing a pair. Anyway, she was more than happy to change the boots and learn the "lingo". Only thing was, her mom asked me one time, after we got home from a rodeo, "why can't your friends just accept her the way she is?" I told her, "just the way it is". Thank God my wife completely understood!

The really nice part of meeting her was our first date to meet her sister, sister's husband, niece and niece's husband at a Country-Western nightclub. Wife and I were out doing a 2-step and niece was watching. She must have really liked what she seen, because she sneaked a whisper into my wife's ear saying "he's definitely a keeper!".

Actually, on that first date, I ask her to marry me, she accepted. We did decide to live together for a year before we got married. Nice thing was, she had an engagement ring on the entire year and loved showing it off.

3. Chrissy Cross

Chrissy Cross Supreme Member
    Registered

Only thing I have in common with your marriage is that my husband proposed after a week. We married 3 months later.

I guess you never know which marriage will work and which won't. Nobody thought mine would.

4. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

You're lucky, because that is one of the biggest complaints that I hear single (divorced/widows/widowers) make........not having that special someone to share the holidays with. Families are fine, but some want the company of male or female. Getting that special Valentine's Day card and dinner out and/or New Year's Eve with that special someone to bring the New Year in with. Oh well, for some, they just don't need or want that. Up to them.
    I had no family where I lived and didn't want to move back to where my step-parents lived.

5. Cody Fousnaugh

Registered

Nobody, family or friends, are shocked that we are still together...........we're just that compatible and the words "love" and "God" are definitely part of our marriage.
    Sorry, Denise, back to your Thread now.

6. Frank Sanoica

Frank Sanoica Supreme Member
    Registered

Stories moving to me, all of them. Mine is to be held in abeyance, at least for awhile. Suffice to say, when I was separated from my first wife, I was devastated to the extent that dying seemed almost an acceptable alternative to the pain.

Frank