Spokane NAACP President Falsely Portrays Herself as Black

Discussion in 'In the News' started by Ken Anderson, Jun 12, 2015.

1. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

2. Ruth Belena

Ruth Belena Veteran Member
    Registered

This has been all over the media here in the UK and I heard an American woman on the radio calling Rachel Dolezal a fraud and said she could never forgive her.

The fact that she had been married to an African-American and her parents adopted 2 black childen, explains why she might relate more to that race than to her own, but many people seem to think she is in need of therapy to become happier with who she really is.

I think what has upset most people is that she lied and invented a false family history. As a white women she could just as easily have been NAACP leader, but she used spray tan, wore dark makup and had her hair styled so she could pass herself off as black.

3. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Rachel Dolezal Resigns As NAACP Leader Amid Racial Identity Controversy

June 15, 2015 11:05 AM

SPOKANE, Wash. (CBS Seattle/AP)
    — The leader of the NAACP in Spokane is stepping down amid controversy after her parents said the 37-year-old activist falsely portrayed herself as black for years.

Rachel Dolezal announced Monday she was resigning after canceling a chapter meeting where she was expected to speak about the furor sparked over her racial identity.

Dolezal’s statement reads, “While challenging the construct of race is at the core of evolving human consciousness, we can NOT afford to lose sight of the five Game Changers (Criminal Justice & Public Safety, Health & Healthcare, Education, Economic Sustainability, and Voting Rights & Political Representation) that affect millions, often with a life or death outcome. The movement is larger than a moment in time or a single person’s story, and I hope that everyone offers their robust support of the Journey for Justice campaign that the NAACP launches today!

“It is with complete allegiance to the cause of racial and social justice and the NAACP that I step aside from the Presidency and pass the baton to my Vice President, Naima Quarles-Burnley. It is my hope that by securing a beautiful office for the organization in the heart of downtown, bringing the local branch into financial compliance, catalyzing committees to do strategic work in the five Game Changer issues, launching community forums, putting the membership on a fast climb, and helping many individuals find the legal, financial and practical support needed to fight race-based discrimination, I have positioned the Spokane NAACP to buttress this transition.”

The statement continued: “Please know I will never stop fighting for human rights and will do everything in my power to help and assist, whether it means stepping up or stepping down, because this is not about me. It’s about justice. This is not me quitting; this is a continuum. It’s about moving the cause of human rights and the Black Liberation Movement along the continuum from Resistance to Chattel Slavery to Abolition to Defiance of Jim Crow to the building of Black Wall Street to the Civil Rights and Black Power Movement to the ‪#‎BlackLivesMatter‬ movement and into a future of self-determination and empowerment.”

http://seattle.cbslocal.com/2015/06/15/naacp-meeting-rachel-dolezal/

I had read that her adopted brother said she started pretending she was black about 6 years ago, and changed her hair style and started darkening her skin and told him not to give her away. He was totally against what she was doing.

Last edited: Jun 15, 2015
  4. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

She brings "being uncomfortable in your own skin" to a whole new level!;)

5. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

So True, Joe! :)

6. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

She sounds like some kind of nut to me.

7. Pat Davis

Pat Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

First she sues because she states she is being discriminated against for being white, so she decides to become black and complains to the police that she is being discriminated against for being black...I agree with Shirley.

JUNE 15, 2015
    • Bizarre
      NAACP Imposter Sued School Over Race Claims
      Rachel Dolezal alleged she was victim of white discrimination
      JUNE 15--The NAACP official who today resigned in the face of evidence that she masqueraded as black once sued Howard University for [​IMG]denying her teaching posts and a scholarship because she was a white woman, The Smoking Gun has learned.

Rachel Dolezal, 37, who headed the NAACP’s Spokane, Washington chapter, sued Howard for discrimination in 2002, the year she graduated from the historically black college with a Master of Fine Arts degree.

Dolezal, then known as Rachel Moore, named the university and Professor Alfred Smith as defendants in a lawsuit filed in Washington, D.C.’s Superior Court. During the pendency of the civil case, Smith was chairman of Howard’s Department of Art.

According to a Court of Appeals opinion, Dolezal's lawsuit “claimed discrimination based on race, pregnancy, family responsibilities and gender.” She alleged that Smith and other school officials improperly blocked her appointment to a teaching assistant post, rejected her application for a post-graduate instructorship, and denied her scholarship aid while she was a student.

The court opinion also noted that Dolezal claimed that the university’s decision to remove some of her artworks from a February 2001 student exhibition was“motivated by a discriminatory purpose to favor African-American students over”her.

As detailed in the court opinion, Dolezal’s lawsuit contended that Howard was “permeated with discriminatory intimidation, ridicule, and insult.”

Judge Zoe Bush dismissed Dolezal’s complaint in February 2004, 18 months after the lawsuit was filed and Dolezal was deposed on several occasions. Bush found no evidence that Dolezal was discriminated on the basis of race or other factors. The D.C. Court of Appeals subsequently affirmed Bush’s decision.

Following the dismissal of Dolezal’s lawsuit (and the Court of Appeals decision), she was ordered to reimburse Howard for a “Bill of Costs” totaling $2728.50. During the case, she was also ordered to pay the university nearly $1000 in connection with an “obstructive and vexatious” court filing that sought to improperly delay her examination by an independent doctor.

8. Sheldon Scott

Sheldon Scott Supreme Member
    Registered

First it was changing gender, now it's changing race. What's next?

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  9. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

A head transplant! Here's the basic pitch from the surgeon who wants to perform first ever head transplant.
    http://www.businessinsider.com/pitc...-to-perform-first-ever-head-transplant-2015-6

Here are some of the main points of his argument:

1-Canavero hopes to be able to perform the surgery as early as December 2017
    2-The surgery will probably take place either in the US or China
    3-He promised the backing of American billionaires
    4-He said that although it is a risky procedure, the chances of it being a successful surgery are as high as 90 percent
    5-He said Western medicine had failed Valery Spiridinov
    6-The operation could cost up to $15 million

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  10. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Senior Staff
    Staff Member Senior Staff Greeter Task Force Registered

I have read about this projected operation before, too. If it works, then I can see that probably other people who had a working brain, but a limited physical body wanting to have a head transplant.
    Probably some of the billionaires who are getting old would like a new, younger body.
    I wonder how that would work ?
    If you put a 75 year old head onto a 20 year old body, would it also rejuvenate the facial features since all of the hormones would be that of a young person, or would the brain direct the hormones to age the body.
    Maybe it would just continue to be an older-looking face on a younger looking body.

Our world seems to just be getting stranger and stranger by the day ! ! Next we will probably have people looking like the old Egyptian gods with the human bodies and the animal heads.

Last edited: Jun 16, 2015
  11. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

....and then marrying their pet.;)

Yvonne Smith likes this.
  12. Hannah Davis

Hannah Davis Veteran Member
    Registered

Well, there was a time in the United States when some blacks wanted to pass for white. I can't really say I blame them given the amount of discirmmination that was prominent during that time. So, those who were able to pass decided to pass in order to not be degraded in society. Anway, this is probably the first time I heard of someone who wanted to pass for black. Now I don't know what that has to do with her ability to head up the NAACP, after all isn't this suppose to be about race equality. But apparently there are those who didn't feel she should head this up because she was pretending to be a race that she wasn't. Who knows why she chose to do this but if she believes in what the NAACP stands for who are we to judge this? But I guess because she lied she had to step down. Don't know what to make of the whole lawsuit business.

13. Shirley Martin

Shirley Martin Supreme Member
    Registered

I am eagerly awaiting the publication of her book. :D

14. Joe Riley

Joe Riley Supreme Member
    Registered

I'll have to pass!;)