Sodastream, Have You Tried One?

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Yvonne Smith, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Yvonne Smith

Yvonne Smith Very Well-Known Member
    Registered

I have a Sodastream, and I really like it; plus it saves a lot of money that you spend if you drink much soda pop.
    I don't drink a whole lot of pop; but I do enjoy a carbonated drink, and often got eithher diet Coke or Pepsi. After reading how bad the artificial sweeteners are, even worse than sugar , according to many researchers; I switched to plain carbonated water. It took me a while to get used to the idea of an unflavored drink; but once i did, I decided that I like it. I usually add a little lemon or lime slice to the water to flavor it.
    Now, if I drink a regular flavored soda pop; it tastes really sweet (like syrup almost) to me. I still have one now and then; but mostly just have the carbonated water.

Now that I have the Sodastream; I can make my own carbonated water. I use filtered water and keep it chilled in the refrigerator until I am ready to carbonate it.
    Since I do not flavor the water, I don't have to buy any of the flavorings, and just refill the carbonator bottle when it gets empty.
    Does anyone else have a Sodastream, and how do you like it if you have one ? ?

2. Mal Campbell

Mal Campbell Well-Known Member
    Registered

Yes, my son bought me one several years ago. I've always liked unflavored carbonated water, but it's really expensive to buy - actually more than soda. I love the Sodastream. It's easy and very affordable. I like to drink plain carbonated water with fresh lemon and/or lime squeezed into it. I also like to use 1/2 100% fruit juice and 1/2 water. It gives you the taste of a soda, but has the benefits of juice - all with 1/2 the calories. Great invention!

3. Pat Baker

Pat Baker Well-Known Member
    Registered

I do not have a sodastream, I don't really drink sodas. I may have a soda once a month if then. I do like to purchase the carbonnated favored waters that Walmart has, would that be the same type of thing. I still only get one of those once a month or so.

4. Ken Anderson

Ken Anderson Veteran Member
    Registered

Other than a Moxie once every month or two, usually while driving, I haven't drank soda in quite a few years, although I had considered Sodastream when I was going through a twelve-pack per day.

My dad used to make root beer, beginning about a week before Thanksgiving, and on through New Years Day, and that was some good stuff he made. It had to sit in a warm place for a period of time, so he would lay the bottles on the stairway, which was near the chimney, and he had about a 20% loss on them, as we would hear one explode every now and then. I tried taking six bottles back to California when I visited for Christmas one year, and none of they survived the trip.